Epic Interrupted

Briji04

24 minutes ago, smd8z said:

Anyone know how the Epic is doing? She left PC yesterday and I am wondering if they are sticking to the original itinerary or if they needed to change it again.

She is fine.  Was able to exceed 20 knots on her previous cruise.  Docked in PC and left PC yesterday without a tug assist.  Appears to be on schedule to maker her Virgin Islands stops, which is the original, unchanged itinerary.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hallux said:

It was ALWAYS a dent. If

was the case, we would see zero evidence of the impact at this point as NCL would have fully patched it before allowing the ship to leave San Juan.  The metal was dented, not torn.

I understand your position completely, we agree to disagree on what happened.  Multiple credible sources call it a gash, plus you now can see the "cosmetic" repair that was made.  There were no structural integrity issues with the SIDE of the boat.  This occurred above the waterline  All one has to do is look at the 2 different pictures, one before the repair and one after the repair.

Edited by Newleno

17 minutes ago, Newleno said:

repair and one after the repair.

"Repair"?  You mean the coat of paint?  If they were going to do anything to repair it there would be no evidence of the incident.  They simply applied paint.

25 minutes ago, Newleno said:

I understand your position completely, we agree to disagree on what happened.  Multiple credible sources call it a gash, plus you now can see the "cosmetic" repair that was made.  There were no structural integrity issues with the SIDE of the boat.  This occurred above the waterline  All one has to do is look at the 2 different pictures, one before the repair and one after the repair.

Let it go.

9 minutes ago, hallux said:

"Repair"?  You mean the coat of paint?  If they were going to do anything to repair it there would be no evidence of the incident.  They simply applied paint.

we already agreed to disagree, LET IT GO

Edited by Newleno

Time to let it go ... let it go. 

Epic has returned to homeport at PC yesterday, sailed again ... pretty much on-time and on-schedule, no changes with planned itinerary unless noted by someone onboard otherwise, ship seemed to be sailing usual speed (which, as "some" of us know, often is between 12 to 18 knots, unless they need to rush).  Vessel is sea-worthy or else it wouldn't have sailed with 5,000+ souls onboard.   Kudo to the professional inputs & info from the seasoned mariners, ex-captain & engineer(s)  

Time for mods to clean up some of the off-topic posts and lock this up, thread ran its full course, IMHO. 

Edited by mking8288
  • Like 3

Back to reality this morning after having spent last week on Epic.  Turned out to still be a fun cruise although we likely won't sail Epic again.  Not for the mech issues, but more due to the wonky layout.  We've been spoiled by the Breakaway class but that can be another thread for another time.  🙂

We were told before we sailed and also several times during our cruise that NCL would be refunding 50% of the this one and would also be offering a discount on a future cruise equal to half of of the cost of this one.  Has anyone here received their refund or been offered details about it?  We haven't seen an official written communication from NCL yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Must have been a terrible experience for those on board. 

I know this is not the roll call for my cruise, but the CC roll call for Oasis of the Seas 26 May 2019 has not been working for the past couple of weeks. NO ONE seems to be able to find the solution. I cannot understand why I can get into new posts via the article about the Epic but when I go to CC for Recent posts of our cruise, there is nothing there. 

I have written a few times to the community and the help emails, but nothing progresses......

Please reply to me at melbloch@gmail.com

• 3 weeks later...

So do we know what caused 2 engines to fail at the same time?

i can see one going down, but two??

also, how much was the damage for sinking the 2 pier platforms in puerto rico?

Edited by fstuff1