Epic Interrupted

Briji04

52 minutes ago, dad son team said:

I'm not sure is 100% refund.  It may be 100% credit towards a future cruise.  Either way, I would take that deal and run.  You just got a free weeks vacation.

Correct, either way, good deal, IMHO.

• Like 3

On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 5:33 PM, Briji04 said:

Everyone we’ve talked to seems perfectly happy to be going to San Juan. We’ve got food, booze and working toilets. Sail on.... 

This didn't age well. LOl...sorry. Huge Carnival fan here. They all have their quirks. Hope your cruise got better.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

the thing is that the cruise contract mandates delivering you to the disembarkation port, no matter what. So, when Jade broke down in PR, Norwegian flew us back to Miami. Oh, and 100% compensation and future credit.

Sort of same with airlines - if something happens and they take you to a different airport, they usually bus or fly you to your original destination. But usually no compensation at all.

IMHO.

If it's a weather problem they usually try to get you out ASAP. No compensation for weather delays/changes. 

We are set to sail on her on the 23rd. Im so bummed we weren't on this one. I would have loved 7 days at SEA no ports. Thats my dream cruise. Im sorry tho to anyone who is dissapointed from not getting the cruise they thought. But I think NCL is being very generous with 100% either refund or future. I think its important to remember these are huge floating Hotels with massive amounts of working parts. Going to have some bumps along the way, but SAIL on I say. Been on the Epic twice, going again on 23rd and wouldn't hesitate to book her again. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Colorado Beach Bum said:

We are set to sail on her on the 23rd. Im so bummed we weren't on this one. I would have loved 7 days at SEA no ports. 

I'm also booked for that sailing. I would be disappointed to miss St. Thomas and Tortola, but I could cope.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Briji04 said:

Captain just announced we are headed straight to Port Canaveral. We will arrive Saturday.  No stop at GSC. They will be giving us 100% of our cruise fare in return. 

An adventure to blog about, a week at sea, and a full refund. Can’t ask for much more.  Good job NCL!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, david_sobe said:

If its true that passengers are getting 100% credit for a future (free) cruise, that is really something.  Kudos to NCL.  The cruise lines are getting way more giving in the says of social media.

Good job NCL 👍

I think what would be really something is for NCL to refund them 100% of what they paid. 

I am cruising on the 23rd as well I wonder if they are truly skipping GSC and coming straight to Port Canaveral if so I wonder what will happen to those scheduled to sail this Saturday. Is anyone truly on board now that could give us some insight as to what is really going on. 

The problem is that most people that read, and certainly most that post on, this board enjoy cruising for the ship and that itinerary changes are more common than most people know.  To someone that has been planning their vacation for a year or more, that cannot easily afford the travel expenses, and/or has very limited vacation time this is a disaster.  I would have loved to be on this week, what a great story.  But there are many other points of view.

From a Facebook post in the past hour.  

I just spoke to NCL. Honestly they were not too informed (if the reports from passengers on the ship now are accurate). The representative said no one there was informed of another mechanical issue with the Epic. She checked with two other supervisors and also their boss. The representative could only tell me that the sailing Feb. 16 is still completely on schedule with no notification of any delays or itinerary changes. I voiced my concern that the Feb. 16 sailing could potentially be cancelled, and the representative said there was “no chance it will be canceled, we would have informed passengers of that by now”. Take that for what it’s worth, and keep your fingers crossed.

32 minutes ago, Sydneyb95 said:

I am cruising on the 23rd as well I wonder if they are truly skipping GSC and coming straight to Port Canaveral if so I wonder what will happen to those scheduled to sail this Saturday. Is anyone truly on board now that could give us some insight as to what is really going on. 

It's not uncommon to miss GSC.  We missed it a couple weeks ago because the waves were too high. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Colorado Beach Bum said:

We are set to sail on her on the 23rd. Im so bummed we weren't on this one. I would have loved 7 days at SEA no ports. Thats my dream cruise. Im sorry tho to anyone who is dissapointed from not getting the cruise they thought. But I think NCL is being very generous with 100% either refund or future. I think its important to remember these are huge floating Hotels with massive amounts of working parts. Going to have some bumps along the way, but SAIL on I say. Been on the Epic twice, going again on 23rd and wouldn't hesitate to book her again. 

Right there with you I love sea days hubby not so much  :(

Edited by Reader0108598

1 hour ago, Laszlo said:

I think what would be really something is for NCL to refund them 100% of what they paid. 

Hey, they still got a 7 day cruise, no lack in comfort & amenities (unlike the Carnival disaster a few years ago, with no power/AC/toilets OR food), and a couple of ports to visit, and get a chance to try again for free.

I'd be happy with that!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

While I love sea days we go on Caribbean cruises to experience swimming in the warm, sandy and clear ocean water. That is something we can not do in Massachusetts. So yes it would not be the cruise I paid for and I would expect some compensation.

• Like 2