Royal Suite - Premium All In Benefits question

FengShui@Sea

We recently booked a Royal Suite on the Eclipse for this April.  Because it was booked at 'resident promotional' pricing my travel agent said it wouldn't include the 'Go Best' amenities.  I wondered if that meant that ALL of the amenities would be removed?  Has anyone has the experience of not receiving the in-suite two bottles of alcohol, complimentary water, beer and soft drinks in the bar, and/or the premium beverage package when sailing in a Royal Suite due to a promotional price?   These amenities are normally only provided with the Royal and Penthouse suites.  

I sailed in a Royal Suite on the Equinox last month with a similar “deal”.  I had all the inclusions of the Royal including unlimited specialty dining, bar set up, restocked mini bar, premium bev pkg. and unlimited wifi and laundry.  We “gave up” the prepaid gratuities and $300 OBC.  It was well worth the price we paid!  Hope that helps

You will receive everything that comes with the cabin.  Just not the $300 OBC and included gratuities.  I have done this with a resident discount a few times.  I think it is very wise to not pay for the Go Best since most of it is included anyway.  Enjoy your RS.

18 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Thanks for the posting.    I was curious about that myself.   hmmmm  raises the question - why would anyone book with the perks except for the $300 obc instead of a residential rate. 

We've had 2 unusual experiences booking Royal Suites.  One time we booked a resident rate because it made sense at the time.  After final payment the price on the regular rate dropped to only $100 more pp than we were paying on the resident rate.  We were able to reprice it, pay $200 more for a $300 OBC and prepaid gratuities.

Our cruise on Equinox was booked a while ago during the season of saving event, no residents rates were available.  Checking pricing now there is a resident rate but it would only save us about $200.  For that, we would lose the $300 OBC and prepaid gratuities.

Even in a Royal Suite resident rates are not always the best deal.

57 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

We've had 2 unusual experiences booking Royal Suites.  One time we booked a resident rate because it made sense at the time.  After final payment the price on the regular rate dropped to only $100 more pp than we were paying on the resident rate.  We were able to reprice it, pay $200 more for a $300 OBC and prepaid gratuities.

Our cruise on Equinox was booked a while ago during the season of saving event, no residents rates were available.  Checking pricing now there is a resident rate but it would only save us about $200.  For that, we would lose the $300 OBC and prepaid gratuities.

Even in a Royal Suite resident rates are not always the best deal.

It really does pay to shop around and be prepared to calculate the cost of "Perks".  

We booked a AQ for a 5 day Caribbean cruise prior to the TA mostly to try an AQ for the first time.   We are learning how to get the best deal as a Zenith when you don't need the perks.    I also was trying out one of the Big Box online agencies for the first time as their price was lower than Celebrity website.   

Today I saw they were offering a Senior Rate for a SkySuite Guarantee for $1,018 pp while Celebrity had it listed at $1,599 with perks and $1,479 with no perks.    I called up to confirm and upgraded for a cost of $250pp at the $1,018 and that there was only one available.   They also said I had the stockholders bonus plus a $100 OBC from the agency.  

I went back and checked after booking and sure enough The agency rate jumped up to $1,450.

Happy camper here. 

• Like 1