Island Tour

cpayne

I'm helping a group of new cruisers plan their 1st cruise.  There is a group of 9 of us traveling.  Hubby and I are the only people who have cruised before. 

2 in our group would like to do an island tour of G Cayman.  Here are some of the sites they would like to see:

Seven Mile Beach, the Cayman Turtle Farm, Blow Holes, the Hell rock formation, etc

Since there are only 2 of them and they are new to cruising I first thought of the ship excursions to make the "logistics" easy on them.  Typically prefer private excursions, but until you are comfortable AND with it being a tender port (RCL excursions receive priority tenders) thought the ship tours might be best. 

The ship offers 2 tours:  Turtles and Hell OR Island Highlights

There is no tour offered by the ship that offers everything they are interested in.  Does anyone have any suggestions for a private tour operator OR know the approx. cost of a taxi per hour if they chose to grab a cab and create their own day?

Thanks. 

All of that can be done via the bus system.  $2.50 pp....google  Grand Cayman buses.   It will give you routes and prices.  A tour on this stop is really unneeded.

The tender trip is about 5 mins...add time for them to LOAD the tender.   It's not arduous at all.

Normally I would 100% agree re: the city bus self guided tour.  However, with them being new to cruising and not frequent travelers I think they would not feel comfortable navigating this "system" as newbies.  If it were me and my husband the bus is absolutely what we would do, but this is their 1st cruise and 1st port of call even.  Want them to feel comfortable.  I will suggest this idea to them, but suspect they will opt for some type of guided tour.  Also think they are looking for some type of narration along the way and the bus would not provide this. 

Keep the suggestions coming! 

Hell is a five minute stop.  I don’t know if I’d intentionally book a tour there.  Google some pics and you’ll see.  Some rock formations, a post office and a couple of cheesy tourist gift shops.

I’d tell them to do the ship Island Highlights tour, and if there’s time before/afterwards just take a taxi to the turtle farm and DIY there.  The basic area there is maybe an hour?  Their website is turtle.ky and shows more details about the attraction.

• 1 month later...