Navigator Feb 24 2019 - Cancelled

Mikew0805

I am the next cruise March 1st rumors are we are getting cancelled as well . I didn't even know it was going in for dry dock until a few weeks before it went in , too late to cancel . What makes me mad is that they hold us and our money hostage till the very last minute when they know if its going to sail or not . They have done HOW many refurbishments .. 1000s ?   They know exactly how long each section takes , they can tell today when it  will be done .  Well I have several booked with them and yes I am just one small person , but if enough small people leave … well . 

1 minute ago, frito58 said:

I am the next cruise March 1st rumors are we are getting cancelled as well . I didn't even know it was going in for dry dock until a few weeks before it went in , too late to cancel . What makes me mad is that they hold us and our money hostage till the very last minute when they know if its going to sail or not . They have done HOW many refurbishments .. 1000s ?   They know exactly how long each section takes , they can tell today when it  will be done .  Well I have several booked with them and yes I am just one small person , but if enough small people leave … well . 

I hope your cruise is still a go. 

1 minute ago, sxphil said:

Shouldn't Travel Insurance cover any short fall?

Insurance doesn't cover 100% and in the case of a B2B the second leg isn't cancelled, so changing travel plans for a cruise that isn't impacted results in no insurance coverage.  

2 minutes ago, twangster said:

Insurance doesn't cover 100% and in the case of a B2B the second leg isn't cancelled, so changing travel plans for a cruise that isn't impacted results in no insurance coverage.  

I'm not certain I understand

My TI covers any losses and on a Back to Back surely the travel plans there aren't changing!

6 minutes ago, Riverviewnb said:

They cancelled our March 24th sailing on Navigator months ago which left a huge hole in our 4 cruises booked one after another. We ended up booking a 4 nighter but have to pay for hotel, taxis etc which adds substantially to our costs.

Did they say why they cancelled it? We are on the 3/15 one. So that would have been the one right after us. 

7 minutes ago, sxphil said:

I'm not certain I understand

My TI covers any losses and on a Back to Back surely the travel plans there aren't changing!

The 3/1 cruise is not impacted.  Insurance for the 2/24 cruise will cover losses for the 2/24 sailing, but it does not cover costs to fly to a different cruise a week later.

6 minutes ago, gsb said:

$200 max for domestic air seems a little light. Other than that, pretty good deal.  

Better deal for local residents.  As a fly to cruise guests even after an insurance claim I'll still be out of pocket.  Not much but hardly a "good deal".

52 minutes ago, frito58 said:

33 minutes ago, frito58 said:

They just told me on a direct message on Twitter we are still On …. now watch them cancel us next week LOLOLOLOL

May want to go back and update your first post now that you had direct contact with them saying it's still on.  Where did you hear rumors about the 3/1/19 cruise anyway?

Dan

3 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

This is exactly why you should never book the first couple of cruises after a drydock.

A lot of people, including us, booked these dates prior to a major dry dock being scheduled.

39 minutes ago, gsb said:

$200 max for domestic air seems a little light. Other than that, pretty good deal.  

That's what I was thinking about the airfare. I mean, it's not as if they're giving a lot of notice here. I think they should up that because $200 is pretty much a joke. Even if you have insurance and don't have to worry about it, being offered that is sort of insult after injury.

3 minutes ago, brookie848 said:

That's what I was thinking about the airfare. I mean, it's not as if they're giving a lot of notice here. I think they should up that because $200 is pretty much a joke. Even if you have insurance and don't have to worry about it, being offered that is sort of insult after injury.

I believe the $200 is for the change fee, not the airfare itself.  It's in hope that you can find another sailing and move your flights.  Even so, I think Delta is $200 for change fees(per ticket), but good luck finding a comparable airfare this close to the 24th which people had planned to have off.

Dan

Edited by The Fun Researcher

52 minutes ago, frito58 said:

They have done HOW many refurbishments .. 1000s ?

Exaggerate much?  Historically, Royal Caribbean has a total of 34 ships (26 current and 9 former) including 5 that are less than five years old. Based on years of service, even if I count all the required drydocks (once every 5 years, then once every 2.5 years after a certain age, 20 or 25 I think) as "refurbishments", I barely get over 100 drydocks and most of those were simple marine inspections/updates with nothing major done on board.  Some of the announced Royal AMPings will not coincide with the required drydock schedule but still...

8 minutes ago, Atlantix2000 said:

Exaggerate much?  Historically, Royal Caribbean has a total of 34 ships (26 current and 9 former) including 5 that are less than five years old. Based on years of service, even if I count all the required drydocks (once every 5 years, then once every 2.5 years after a certain age, 20 or 25 I think) as "refurbishments", I barely get over 100 drydocks and most of those were simple marine inspections/updates with nothing major done on board.  Some of the announced Royal AMPings will not coincide with the required drydock schedule but still...

Ok they have done 100 the crews they hire have done How Many ?   Its like building a House you know how long each segment takes . That's why You schedule it in. They are saying weather has affected the upper decks , What its rained for a Month in the Bahamas . You wouldn't do the upper decks first when its nice or when the weather is nice ? But what do I know I just have common sense .