ADV. OF THE SEAS AFTER UPDATES

Maraprince

8 hours ago, Sunny AZ Girl said:

Are you on the Roll Call for your sailing?  If it is an active one, then I would bet it is an IT problem.  We also had to re-register for our fall TA on the Brilliance several times. We had an active Roll Call with well over 150 signed up and we kept losing the M&M registration.

Yes.

4 hours ago, DaisyGirl55 said:

Cruising on Adventure of the Seas in 2 months!  First time on this ship, but not my first with Royal. 

I am familiar with the Promenade restaurants, parades, and shops such as what is on the Freedom class ships.  Is the Promenade on this ship similar?

Very much the but a little shorter so a few less venues. There is no Sorrento's so the pizza is located in the Cafe Promenade.

10 hours ago, Maraprince said:

How much is the Adv. of the Seas like the Explorer?  I know there is an ice show.  What about parades and cd staff show in the Promenade?

MARAPRINCE

The ships are very similar now.  However, the entertainment can change based on Cruise Director, Activity Manager, etc.

On 2/13/2019 at 5:24 PM, bilyclub said:

They save a big block of good seats  on the port side of Studio B  for the "key" people. These seats open up to everybody at 10 minutes to showtime.

Oasis did 4 rows center ice for key, suite, and Pinnacle.  The monitor said D+ could sit there as well. Her sign did not reflect that. 

Aqua Theater had pretty much same set up.

I sat next to an older key couple for Oasis of Dreams and they were happy with the program

On 2/13/2019 at 1:32 PM, Sunny AZ Girl said:

We are on the Adventure Snowbird Migration Cruise this October.  Looking forward to seeing the updates.  We have never been on the Adventure, but have been on the Explorer and Mariner.  We are booked in one of the "new" Panoramic Ocean View Cabins on Deck 12.  Has anyone been in one of those? I believe it is category 1L (1824) .

We loved the panoramic ocean view cabins on the Navigator (same layout as Adventure) so much we booked it two cruises in a row!  A bit more room than a typical stateroom, spectacular ocean views (especially on windy days when you can't be on deck) and super quiet (behind the spa!) Unfortunately the secret is out and they've raised the prices of these cabins quite a bit from when we sailed in 2018, but they are still wonderful cabins. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, purplegrapefruit said:

We loved the panoramic ocean view cabins on the Navigator (same layout as Adventure) so much we booked it two cruises in a row!  A bit more room than a typical stateroom, spectacular ocean views (especially on windy days when you can't be on deck) and super quiet (behind the spa!) Unfortunately the secret is out and they've raised the prices of these cabins quite a bit from when we sailed in 2018, but they are still wonderful cabins. 

Do you have any pictures that you can share? 

You can read our personal live blog on adventure of the seas last Sept on a New England/Canada cruise.  

Link is in my profile to our personal blog.  There are no outside links to TAs or any advertisements.  It is strictly personal use.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rimmit said:

You can read our personal live blog on adventure of the seas last Sept on a New England/Canada cruise.  

Link is in my profile to our personal blog.  There are no outside links to TAs or any advertisements.  It is strictly personal use.

I read your blog and it was very good!!  We are on the 13 night Snowbird Migration Cruise, so we will hit a few more ports. but we will be at all of the ports you visited.  Plus we have the same tours booked in Portland and Bar Harbor, so I really enjoyed those, especially.  

You have a darling family and the photography is EXCELLENT!  Thank you for posting it.

Just now, Sunny AZ Girl said:

I read your blog and it was very good!!  We are on the 13 night Snowbird Migration Cruise, so we will hit a few more ports. but we will be at all of the ports you visited.  Plus we have the same tours booked in Portland and Bar Harbor, so I really enjoyed those, especially.  

You have a darling family and the photography is EXCELLENT!  Thank you for posting it.

Thank for the kind compliments.  We were hoping to keep it more up to date,  but life is just so busy!!

Have a great time on your upcoming cruise!  The Adventure is a great ship!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pcur said:

HA! 

We let our dining servers know ahead of time that we will be leaving when the music cues up.  They usually ask to go with us!!

We went to the MDR 6 nights on the first cruise of a B2B on Adventure a couple of weeks ago.  They interrupted dinner with announcements & singing on 3 of those nights.  That reinforced our decision to go to Windjammer on the next cruise.  Much quieter, less hectic, and more variety.  I can't believe that with as busy as the MDR wait staff is anymore, they are still making them do that stuff.

1 minute ago, Host Clarea said:

We went to the MDR 6 nights on the first cruise of a B2B on Adventure a couple of weeks ago.  They interrupted dinner with announcements & singing on 3 of those nights.  That reinforced our decision to go to Windjammer on the next cruise.  Much quieter, less hectic, and more variety.  I can't believe that with as busy as the MDR wait staff is anymore, they are still making them do that stuff.

Now you finally see things my way.....