Hotel Recommendation in Miami

tamilyn

Looking for hotel recommendation in Miami pre-cruise - March 29.  Everything is out of sight expensive - don't know what is going on that weekend, or maybe it's just the time of year.  I posted I FLA Departure Board, but not much activity there.  Thanks!

March is high season. Unfortunately you waited to long to book because everything will be out of sight. Under normal conditions I would recommend either the Intercontinental or the Holiday  Inn which are very close to the Port Of Miami. Check the Miami International Airport Hotel area which is normally cheaper but because it’s relatively close a lot of the more decent rates are long gone. Good luck.

That weekend is Ultra Music Festival. Massive house/techno music concert. Hundreds of thousands of people a day. It used to take place in Downtown Miami, this year it moved to Key Biscayne, but Downtown Miami (port area hotels) will still be the most popular spot for concert goers to stay. 

March on its own is a very popular time to be down here regardless. 

You may find cheaper hotels a bit further away in say Surfside or Sunny Isles Beach. Miami Beach and Downtown/Brickell hotels are in heavy demand that weekend. Even hotels that are usually $75/night are asking over $250+ that weekend. 

Hotels in the Blue Lagoon area near MIA are usually a good value, with nearby shopping and dining options.  Hampton inn, Homewood Suites, etc. La Quinta East is likely your best bet for a budget place near the airport, or follow the above advice and rent a car to stay farther out.

15 minutes ago, Flymia said:

That weekend is Ultra Music Festival. Massive house/techno music concert. Hundreds of thousands of people a day. It used to take place in Downtown Miami, this year it moved to Key Biscayne, but Downtown Miami (port area hotels) will still be the most popular spot for concert goers to stay. 

March on its own is a very popular time to be down here regardless. 

You may find cheaper hotels a bit further away in say Surfside or Sunny Isles Beach. Miami Beach and Downtown/Brickell hotels are in heavy demand that weekend. Even hotels that are usually $75/night are asking over $250+ that weekend. 

Thank you for your help.

12 minutes ago, JohninDC said:

Hotels in the Blue Lagoon area near MIA are usually a good value, with nearby shopping and dining options.  Hampton inn, Homewood Suites, etc. La Quinta East is likely your best bet for a budget place near the airport, or follow the above advice and rent a car to stay farther out.

Thank you!

11 hours ago, sseknichols said:

We stayed at the Homewood Suites - Miami Airport West last summer and really liked the hotel.  It had a free airport shuttle.  We used QLS for transportation to/from the port.   

Are you sure you used QLS for transport to/from the port? :classic_wacko: They are based in FLL and the last time I checked they did not service the MIA airport and nearby hotels.  I think the only place in Miami they can pick up passengers is POM.

We booked holiday inn mid beach for $380 taxes included in that number for march 30th  1 night b4  our allure trip.  I booked back in june.  It is the music festival bumping up the price.  Nothing will be cheap but we want to visit SB vs staying further away to save some money.