Food on the Harmony of the sea

jomedic

15 minutes ago, jomedic said:

I am sailing on the Harmony in May with my wife. We normally don’t eat in the main dining room because we don’t want to dress up. What venues can you eat at on the Harmony that don’t require you to dress up?

From what I saw, you could eat anywhere for dinner with jeans and a Hawaiian shirt.  For lunch, on Symphony, I ate everywhere in shorts and a tank top- DH had shorts and a Hawaiian shirt.

1 minute ago, vacationlover_mn said:

From what I saw, you could eat anywhere for dinner with jeans and a Hawaiian shirt.  For lunch, on Symphony, I ate everywhere in shorts and a tank top- DH had shorts and a Hawaiian shirt.

Tank tops are not allowed in MDR. 

2 hours ago, molsonschooner said:

I think you will see enough people wearing shorts in the MDR on most nights, maybe even on what used to be formal nights.

what do you mean by "what used to be formal nights". they still have formal night and the dress code is to be respected.

2 hours ago, phish tales said:

you are correct. if you do not wish to dress for formal night and the MDR, the windjammer is open.

No one will stop you from eating in the MDR on formal nights even if you are dressed casually.  What you expressed is your opinion amd not what the cruise line practices.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

No one will stop you from eating in the MDR on formal nights even if you are dressed casually.  What you expressed is your opinion amd not what the cruise line practices.

I have to agree and say...  on our last few trips, people have worn shorts to MDR, and no one seemed to care (including me).

• Like 1

We were on the Harmony Jan 6th and saw people eating in the MDR even on formal night in gym shorts and t-shirts, never saw anyone turned away for how they were dressed.  Not to encourage anyone but I think if you want to eat in the MDR and dress casually you will be fine.  We don't get super dressy, hubby usually wears slacks on formal nights and dress shorts other nights.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, jomedic said:

Thanks for the responses. I did mean that I just want to wear shorts and at the most a polo or Hawaiian shirt. 

You will be just fine in the MDR or most anywhere else by what we saw.  We love to dress more casual and like that they have relaxed the rules!  Please go to the MDR or wherever and enjoy your cruise and don't worry with how others think you should be dressed.  The dress codes are a suggestion not set in stone so enjoy yourself.  

• Like 2

13 hours ago, RazorbackIslandGirl said:

It depends on what you mean by not dress up. Most places you can get by with slacks or nice jeans & a collared shirt. But if you are talking shorts & T-shirt, then you will be limited to Wind Jammer, Johnny Rockets, Sorrento's, Dog House, Park Cafe & maybe Sabor. 

I want to clarify when I said shorts & T-shirt, I meant gym shorts & tank tops or casual tees. Dress shorts are fine in MDR. My DH wears them on casual nights.

1 hour ago, constable145 said:

Then it should be a requirement, not a suggestion.

What if someone suggests you rob a bank or jump off a cliff?

Just because something is suggested, doesn't mean you need to follow it.

Your last sentence is contradicting what you're trying to "suggest" :classic_wacko: