Carnival Vista - LIVE-Feb 24-Mar 3 - Gal to Montego, GC, Coz - Fun Times, Menus, etc.

Saint Greg

Some thoughts:

Ocean Plaza. I’ve found with this layout I almost never go to ocean plaza. The only thing beyond ocean plaza is Havana so I almost never go that far. 

Arcade. The arcade is up on deck 6 fwd with the thrill theater and the imax. I like it because all the kids are deck 6 fwd...and I’m never deck 6 fwd. 

Elevators. I’ve mentioned before how certain elevators go to certain floors. Here’s what makes it really dumb. I’ve had this happen a couple of times. It’s 6:30am. I’m on deck 3 fwd going to deck 10. I hit the up button..and wait forever. Why? If I hit a button for the elevator that goes to decks 0-12...it doesn’t light up for the ones that go 3-12. There are three sets and you have to hit all three. And if you hit all three all three will eventually stop there. So someone comes up and hits all three. He gets on one and the people on the other two elevators have to stop for nobody. So you end up stopping in every floor sometimes.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JustLikeHeave80 said:

Solo cruise sounds like my kind of paradise. Are you able to get any kinf of solo passenger discount or do you get gouged??

No the best I can do is cruise when kids are in school. Book when rates are good, book when they offer OBC, buy 10% off gift cards and watch for price drops.

29 minutes ago, trish4801 said:

They are bringing the ships in watching them come in on Galveston cruise cam

All I see is fog on the Galveston cruise cam.  No ships.  Which one are you watching?

We even have fog inland.  It has just been really foggy this week.

Edited by mojavetex

27 minutes ago, mojavetex said:

All I see is fog on the Galveston cruise cam.  No ships.  Which one are you watching?

We even have fog inland.  It has just been really foggy this week.

I see a ship docked but there is so much fog I can barely see it.  Looks like the Vista not RC.  I really don't know how it navigated through the thick fog.  I have never seen a ship come in with that much fog.

34 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I’m checking out. Stripped the beds for the steward. Hopefully it helps a bit.

A13CB105-22FE-4467-A6EC-397B581111E7.jpeg

What a sad ending to a great review. Thanks for bringing us along on your cruise.

• Like 1