Carnival Vista - LIVE-Feb 24-Mar 3 - Gal to Montego, GC, Coz - Fun Times, Menus, etc.

Saint Greg

3 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

I lived in west Texas for a few years...not far from the Mexico border. This is the beer we drank back then. And if I recall correctly modelo was the cheap dollar beer in the Mexico bars at the time. Now you can’t find Carta Blanca anywhere  it seems.

07575fb48cf863982d4c0f92b5376f4b.jpg

Growing up in San Diego.. a long time ago..LOL...this was the go to Mexican beer...also in TJ....but nowadays...especially back here it's hard to find...

2 minutes ago, jbhcw said:

Growing up in San Diego.. a long time ago..LOL...this was the go to Mexican beer...also in TJ....but nowadays...especially back here it's hard to find...

Yeah I’m talking 20 years ago. I was too young to drink...but not in Mexico 😊 

3 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Yeah I’m talking 20 years ago. I was too young to drink...but not in Mexico 😊 

LOL...am a lot older than  you...back in the day we used to go to Tijuana on the weekends so we could drink...my poor parents never knew...and that was back when it was probably not the best idea to be down there on Friday and Sat nights....we did stay in groups..and on the main drag...and the bars also had live music...tons of fun!!  That being said...I love Mexico...always have and always will!!  

Okay the viewing room we got to go in was for...I believe the white room which has been used for mission control...currently the blue room down the hall is mission control. Blue room is on the TV screens. White room will be used for some future mars missions but right now it’s a classroom for people training to be in the real room.

6d8f86227c1b6323bdb037481ee9c2bb.jpg

14ef6e19e58ce0424b4756e3e9215c57.jpg

9acf4a85a469f39334cfc30233bb8614.jpg

1 hour ago, jbhcw said:

LOL...am a lot older than  you...back in the day we used to go to Tijuana on the weekends so we could drink...my poor parents never knew...and that was back when it was probably not the best idea to be down there on Friday and Sat nights....we did stay in groups..and on the main drag...and the bars also had live music...tons of fun!!  That being said...I love Mexico...always have and always will!!  

I’ve been to Tijuana, also, way back in August 1969. I remember walking freely down the street but vendors trying to sell us lanterns and other assorted items. I was with my brother at the time because my parents sent me to visit him out in California so I didn’t run off to Woodstock with my boyfriend! 🤣🤣 Not sure what they would have thought riskier—Woodstock or Tijuana! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

Deer

5c5ca7808af49a46e37df975835b4b0a.jpg

Texas Longhorn

05208c9a82902b359ee9fb6472b1b0a8.jpg

Schwinn

47208d9b49491aafc417ccb0471d0fd1.jpg

These bikes are interesting because you see them all over the place...randomly all over parking lots. The story is in the 1960’s Schwinn donated all of these bikes so nasa employees wouldn’t have to drive their cars from building to building. So they just pick up a bike where they need it..and drop it for someone else when they’re done...and schwinn comes out once a year to maintain the bikes.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 2/17/2019 at 8:48 AM, CruiseMomTX said:

Saint Greg...if you come across any port day spa specials and can post while onboard I would appreciate that.  We get on the day you get off and are thinking of just staying onboard in Belize or Mahogany Bay if they have a good spa special.  I know you go to different ports but I'm thinking they probably do some of the same specials every week in the spa.  Have fun and can't wait to read more!

My favorite waitress in the MDR is starting back on the Vista for your cruise! She’s amazing! Her name is Monica and she’s from Romania. If you see her, tell her Victoria says hi and misses her! 🙂