What did you do to Cagneys Mr Stuart?

Postman1963

Well we always go to Cagney's each trip even when we didn't have it as platinum guests. Loved the pork belly Gem was by far the best (hope still is in April) then POA, then Dawn's. That said have never like any NCL beef in any venue alway has an odd taste to me, my husband does get prime rib in Cagney's and has said it's been OK. I get a fish option most times. Service has been good in all Cagney's but we did have some issues on the Dawn when we had the family trip a few years back. We had the meal plan and was told no to several requests in regards to extra apps, veggies, etc. I finally told her listen I didn't ask you for free food we are paying any overage now give my 96 yr. old Aunt her shrimp cocktail as she couldn't even gag down the bisque. He supervisor came over and was very nice after the fact. I wonder if it was because we were in 2 of the 2 BR suites? Food is subject to taste so guess we will just keep trying but only with the platinum coupon.

Oh and I agree with the Modorno salad bar the best on NCL meats not so much but the salad bar was tops. Service was above and beyond last Aug. on the Dawn as well. Our 8 yr. old grandson was King of the place :).

We ate at Cagney's on the Gem last week.  What disappointed us were the side dishes.  Barely warm scalloped potatoes with little flavor, fries that were worse than those at the buffet and some forgettable vegetable dish.  That being said, the salmon was fantastic!

On 3/1/2019 at 8:53 AM, latebloomer56 said:

Well we always go to Cagney's each trip even when we didn't have it as platinum guests. Loved the pork belly Gem was by far the best (hope still is in April) then POA, then Dawn's. That said have never like any NCL beef in any venue alway has an odd taste to me, my husband does get prime rib in Cagney's and has said it's been OK. I get a fish option most times. Service has been good in all Cagney's but we did have some issues on the Dawn when we had the family trip a few years back. We had the meal plan and was told no to several requests in regards to extra apps, veggies, etc. I finally told her listen I didn't ask you for free food we are paying any overage now give my 96 yr. old Aunt her shrimp cocktail as she couldn't even gag down the bisque. He supervisor came over and was very nice after the fact. I wonder if it was because we were in 2 of the 2 BR suites? Food is subject to taste so guess we will just keep trying but only with the platinum coupon.

Oh and I agree with the Modorno salad bar the best on NCL meats not so much but the salad bar was tops. Service was above and beyond last Aug. on the Dawn as well. Our 8 yr. old grandson was King of the place :).

might have been the suite situation or it might have been how nicely or politely you handled your disappointment. A gentle complaint is the best way to get your point across. Yes, Modernos which is probably our favorite specialty dining room is worth the money just for the salad bar We have found the meat good, but not the best in the world for sure. 

On 2/22/2019 at 4:17 PM, bigherky said:

My fiancee and I went to Cagneys on the Getaway in August. This was my first NCL cruise and I was excited because I had heard a lot of good things. However, Cagneys was by far the absolute worst meal I had on board. The steak was mediocre at best and the pork belly was inedible. I also couldn't believe the size of the side of broccoli. Two relatively small pieces of broccoli apparently constitutes a side. 

Overall, I was very happy with the rest of my meals on the Getaway, however this meal was an absolute disappointment. Going on the Escape in June and I'm considering trying it again, but I feel like I'd be safer with one of the other dining options.

We were first timers to Cageny’s in September on the Getaway- never again. Moderno and LeBistro are by far the best places to go. 

Food and service must vary week to week and ship to ship.  Cagney' can be lousy on one ship, and great on another.

We were on the Dawn for 14 days last October, and our food and service  for our platinum award, was very good.

We plan to be aboard the Gem in May, and we shall see.

Well this is scary as I just booked Cagney's for my TA on the Epic in April.  I very rarely eat steak so eating at a steakhouse is a treat for me.  It's also a tradition I do on every cruise that I go on so I will keep the tradition going and hopefully it will be a tasty meal. As for the fries I never order them but I do like a good baked potato with my filet so hopefully that will be a good choice. 

28 minutes ago, robin13 said:

Well this is scary as I just booked Cagney's for my TA on the Epic in April.  I very rarely eat steak so eating at a steakhouse is a treat for me.  It's also a tradition I do on every cruise that I go on so I will keep the tradition going and hopefully it will be a tasty meal. As for the fries I never order them but I do like a good baked potato with my filet so hopefully that will be a good choice. 

That is what I have and my filet was cooked perfectly.

On 2/19/2019 at 8:15 PM, pixiedust777 said:

I hope so.

We will try again when we board the Epic next year.

We went to Cagney's on Epic in 2017 and the restaurant looks down into the main dining room unless you ask for seats in another place. we sent back my steak twice and finally gave up. Since it was our free Planium dinner we just gave up. On POA last year our dinner in Cagney's was way above par and excellent the best steak ever. 

On 2/20/2019 at 8:16 AM, dssking said:

We just got off of the Pride of America on Feb 16 and I must say, Cagney's was fantastic.  Our party of 16 was seated with 10 hours to go due to bad weather and not being able to dock in Maui.  We figured we should try something different than  the main dining room.....  What a great decision.  The striploin in the MDR was just OK. But the RibEye in Cagney's was top notch.

Just my two cents!

Agreed - Cagney's was top notch on POA.

1 hour ago, NLH Arizona said:

That is what I have and my filet was cooked perfectly.

Well that makes me feel better.  The only cut I will eat is the little filet and it has never failed me.  I'm not a picky food person as I have only sent back one meal and that was on a Carnival ship. 

We just returned from the Bliss.  We ate twice at Cagneys, twice at Los Lobos and twice at Q.

Cagney's was good.  We enjoyed the Filet and Doublecut Pork Chop.  Crab cakes and salads were good too.   I do miss the Baked Potato soup that used to be on the menu.

Having said that, without the Platinum meals and the SDP we would probably just pay for Los Lobos as the MDRs usually have something that suits us.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/8/2019 at 7:31 PM, Sand and Seas said:

We just returned from the Bliss.  We ate twice at Cagneys, twice at Los Lobos and twice at Q.

Cagney's was good.  We enjoyed the Filet and Doublecut Pork Chop.  Crab cakes and salads were good too.   I do miss the Baked Potato soup that used to be on the menu.

Having said that, without the Platinum meals and the SDP we would probably just pay for Los Lobos as the MDRs usually have something that suits us.  

It was a major miss.  Wish that NCL would make it special again.