FASTER TO THE FUN / FTTF QUESTION

silkhair1

Hi,

When does the FTTF passes usually go on sail for a cruise?  We really want to get them, but they are not available yet on our 2020 sailing.  No excursions are available yet either.  Does anyone know of the time frame?   We are booked on the Carnival Spirit September 8, 2020 cruise.  Thank you in advance for your help!

Edited by silkhair1

FTTF used to be made available over a year out, but now it’s less. More like 6-9 months before. The reason being, there are more Platinums now, so they have to wait longer to get an idea of how many Plats will be onboard before they can determine how many FTTFs they can sell. 

Excursions are listed when contracts with the local vendors are renewed. Right now it’s early for Sept of 2020 cruises. I would say you will start seeing excursions listed later this year. 

FTTF for our October '19 cruise opened a week or so ago and sold out in a few days. There are still no excursions posted for Port Canaveral.  They'll likely open it back up after final payment when they know how many plats/dias are sailing.  Usually a few weeks before sailing.  Start checking several times a day.  Join a roll call for your cruise.  That's a good place to get information when FTTF opens again.

• Like 1

I've been wondering the same thing for our cruise Jan 2, 2020. I know some of the dates the month before have opened for FTTF so I am still checking numerous times a day and guess I will until I hopefully find it!  We need it for 2 staterooms (bringing our older kids and their friends for the first time). I noticed last night that when I tried to check under Manage my cruise that part of the site is down for maintenance (Still is just checked) so MAYBE they are trying to load excursions. haha  I know, probably wishful thinking! 

I would continue to check now but I would start looking at least 12 months out from your cruise and would check at least twice daily.  Another key point of time is the day your last payment is due.  I have purchased FTTF for my daughter and husband two before they were schedule to cruise.  The purchasing window can be very large.  If you really want it I would keep checking. 

Good luck and enjoy your cruise!

FTTF for our cruise opened up 13 months before saildate, was available for quite a long time (over a month?) then sold out... haven't seen it crop back up yet, but Final Payment is Apr 1, so it may show up again around then.

One piece of advice- become a member (or start your own) of a group or roll call for your cruise... (don't neglect the other social media site as a lot of groups are starting up there too)… ask people to keep an eye out for FTTF and they can be a great resource for letting you know as soon as it comes available... that's how we got ours!

On 2/18/2019 at 7:11 AM, bakersdozen12 said:

FTTF used to be made available over a year out, but now it’s less. More like 6-9 months before. The reason being, there are more Platinums now, so they have to wait longer to get an idea of how many Plats will be onboard before they can determine how many FTTFs they can sell. 

Excursions are listed when contracts with the local vendors are renewed. Right now it’s early for Sept of 2020 cruises. I would say you will start seeing excursions listed later this year. 

I dont necessarily agree. I think it depends on the cruise and demographic. I have had recent cruises that opened 13 months out.....we have a 16 day TA coming up soon which I wouldnt be surprised if they dont open anything until a few months out, if at all.