Differences in Roll Calls

RNCheryl

14 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

A Roll Call is exactly the place to be discussing and arranging private shore excursions. :classic_smile:

So is the meet and greet.  And if an officer or fellow passenger (including whoever arranged the meet and greet) doesn't like it then too bad for them.

Edited by LD Silver

We have the best roll call going, I think we are coming up on 40 pages, much of it involving organizing private excursions.  I quoted Casafilia about not discussing these at the M&M and trying to have things finalized before embarkation, with a possibility of meeting up after our sailaway party for final arrangements.  

I agree 100% that NCL is lovely to host/feed our M&M parties, and it most definitely is rude and disrespectful to use their facilities and resources to "compete" (even though we don't make $$ personally) with them for business.  There are so many other options and opportunities to have these discussions, why bite the hand that (literally) feeds you?  

If you MUST use this as a place to meet up, why not just have a sign-in sheet with peoples' screen names and cabin #'s, and whoever is coordinating a private excursion arrange with the M&M organizer for access, and then they can contact the other folks on their excursion directly another time, outside the M&M.  Do not include private excursion info on the sign-in, organizers should have that pre-embarkation.

I did the Meet & Mingle on my first ever Cruise on the Escape back in June 2018....to say I was a nervous wreck would be putting it mildly. Luckily, I had asked someone (via email, no pressure) to run the Slot Pull, and she accepted (Thanks Robin & Ron), I also tried to run a Cabin Crawl, we had some impressive Cabins to view, and only about 7 going for the crawl.....worked out great. We had from a Studio (great set up) to Spa Mini Suite, to a Forward Facing Suite. Everybody was great, and if I goofed, nobody said a thing knowing it was my first.....I had an absolute blast, and has turned me into what my Wife calls a "Cruise Monster". The people who immediate come to mind, Cheyl, Robin, Ron, Steve, Pat, Jay (Jamie) and Crystal, I will never forget. I would not miss an opportunity to meet some great people.