Coco Cay??

Bratbrey

1 minute ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Even if you bring your own equipment?  That would be great, one less thing to pack.

Marci

Yes, though you know very well that these kinds of things can vary ship to ship.

I am going on a cruise fron March 4 till 8th . Enchantment out of port canaveral.

someone on the cruise leaving on March 8th received an email from RCI saying they would have to skip coco cay because of a problem with the bridge construction. Instead they will go to grande Bahama  island. 

Does anyone know if this will affect  me on my cruise before her.

thanks

I have not heard from royal so I am assuming there are no changes to my itinerary. But can you tell me what is going on with coco cay. Is something under construction there.

i was at coco cay about 4 years ago but have not been on any cruises since so I am not sure what all this talk is about.

thanks

• Like 1

The only bridge under construction is the one that will cross where the tenders currently go in. They are building the supports for it now. It is showing in pictures I just took at Coco Cay. If the Pier is done bridge Construction will not effect you. 

19 minutes ago, lyban said:

I have not heard from royal so I am assuming there are no changes to my itinerary. But can you tell me what is going on with coco cay. Is something under construction there.

i was at coco cay about 4 years ago but have not been on any cruises since so I am not sure what all this talk is about.

thanks

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cococay-bahamas-perfect-day-island/explore/arrivals

Thank you ken. I went to that link. Will that pool be open yet on coco cay.

also is a lunch served on the island like it was 4 years ago and is it included in your cruise prices. 

What , if anything would be included.

thanks.

8 hours ago, lyban said:

also is a lunch served on the island like it was 4 years ago and is it included in your cruise prices. 

thanks.

Lunch is included.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, lyban said:

thanks.

Everything that you knew from 4 years ago will still be included.  Food, beaches and loungers.  They have just added stuff that you can choose to pay extra for.  

Looks like our sailing on Mariner for 3/11 will skip Coco Cay as well. Going to Grand Bahama Island instead, bummer. I noticed this change at 8 a.m. this morning via the cruise planner. Still no email from RC. I will be patient and wait. Just thought I would share. 

52 minutes ago, smartwater01 said:

Looks like our sailing on Mariner for 3/11 will skip Coco Cay as well. Going to Grand Bahama Island instead, bummer. I noticed this change at 8 a.m. this morning via the cruise planner. Still no email from RC. I will be patient and wait. Just thought I would share. 

How did you find out.  I'm cruising on the Anthem of the Seas and scheduled to go to Coco Cay also?

• Like 1

We just returned from Grand Bahamas, like you Coco Cay was cancelled.  I hate to say this but it   was the first time  in 25 years of cruising we slammed a port in the post-cruise review.  Utter waste, they have no business going there.   My wife and I aren’t complainers either, we are very flexible 

• Thanks 1

@gerig logged into cruise planner via the RC website. The RC app has since updated to say the same as well. @onthewater51 where may I find your review? I am disappointed for sure. Hours ago I was debating between splurging for a cabana or not and now I dont even know if we will have a beach chair to sit on. Still no email from RC. I plan to call soon. I should also share, that last week I noticed that the app said day 3 was at sea, but then our details said we would arrive to coco cay at 7:30 am for day 3. (Coco Cay was originally scheduled for day 2) but I figured it was just a technical error since I read others posts about IT issues with the app. I also started logging directly on to RC's site after that. 

Screenshot_20190302-122344_Royal.jpg

My apologies, i meant my post- cruise survey that RCL sentbus vua email

To  clarify a little. Grand Bahama Island was devasted by hurricanes.  There’s nothing really there.   We took a cab to the “shops”.  it was just sad.   Just a few shops selling trinkets and junk

They need the revenue tourism will bring, but there isn’t anything to even spend money on if you wanted to do so.   It’s going to take a long time 

• Thanks 1