Max pax per storeroom?

Young lady at work has asked about cruising. I'm not the most experienced, but I answered what I could. She had one question I didn't know how to answer though. 

She has four children, ages 3-12. All are girls. Assuming all four children, my co-worker, and her BF go, would they be permitted to go in one storeroom? Or would they be required two rooms? 

Thanks in advance.

23 minutes ago, SailorJeff66 said:

Young lady at work has asked about cruising. I'm not the most experienced, but I answered what I could. She had one question I didn't know how to answer though. 

She has four children, ages 3-12. All are girls. Assuming all four children, my co-worker, and her BF go, would they be permitted to go in one storeroom? Or would they be required two rooms? 

Thanks in advance.

There are suites and family staterooms that hold six.  A regular cabin does not.

Merion's Mom said suites AND family staterooms.  Family staterooms are larger, (usually) cost more than a normal stateroom which can only sleep 2-4 but far less than a suite (and do not get suite perks).

Our family is booked in a "family oceanview" in May on Brilliance.  It sleeps up to 6.  Two in a little bunkroom (basically a walk in closet with bunk beds, two on the main bed (or you could pull that apart into twins if you wanted) and two on a pull out sofa.  we'Ve not sailed in one before, but have toured them in cabin crawls and they are quite roomy, being located all the way forward on the cruve--but with only one bathroom I would dislike having 6 in it (we'll only have three of us).  Booking any room with more than 4 occupants requires calling for pricing (cannot be done online) but there are family oceanviews, balconies and/or interiors on most of the ships which could be options.  These often book quickly, especially for higher season cruises, so planning far ahead is a good idea.

That said, is often as cheap, or cheaper, to book connecting cabins with a door in between (f she wants that door she needs to be sure she has it---I think the terminology is "connecting" has the door whereas "adjoining" only means cabins share a wall--I am sure someone will be along to correct me if I am wrong).  This also gives you two bathrooms to use (but it does mean the kids have a door to the hallway that is on their side and might be opened without parents noticing, I suppose).

3 hours ago, xxHadleyxx said:

I think the terminology is "connecting" has the door whereas "adjoining" only means cabins share a wall--I am sure someone will be along to correct me if I am wrong).  This also gives you two bathrooms to use (but it does mean the kids have a door to the hallway that is on their side and might be opened without parents noticing, I suppose).

Your terminology is correct.

Think of it as, connecting, means there is a connection (door) between them.

Adjoining, means no connection

9 hours ago, SailorJeff66 said:

Thanks in advance.

it totally depends.   there are cabins that will hold as many as 8 or more.   some designated as family cabins hold 6.  

another( possibly cheaper and definitely saner) option is to book connecting cabins with the interior door.   I love the connecting promenade Cabins with the giant picture window and  window seat.  

if they want one of the cabins that hold more than 4, they have to call directly or use a Travel Agent

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SailorJeff66 said:

Thanks for the input guys. (Even the sarcasm)😋 Explained all this to her today, she said she'll probably go through a TA to get it done. 

You could even suggest to her to join Cruise Critic herself so that she can ask her own questions.  😉

On 2/21/2019 at 1:27 AM, Merion_Mom said:

You could even suggest to her to join Cruise Critic herself so that she can ask her own questions.  😉

You usually want the fish to bite before you set the hook!😂 Once she's booked, I definitely will point her over here to get some first time cruiser helpful hints. Maybe you could make a "safe room" for expectant first timers to keep all the jaded D+ and Pinnacles from contaminating their enthusiasm????💁

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, SailorJeff66 said:

You usually want the fish to bite before you set the hook!😂 Once she's booked, I definitely will point her over here to get some first time cruiser helpful hints. Maybe you could make a "safe room" for expectant first timers to keep all the jaded D+ and Pinnacles from contaminating their enthusiasm????💁

Make sure she checks out different perks from various TA'S.  A TA offering pre paid gratuities will save her over $400.00, as well as any other perks offered. 

• Thanks 1