Picky family food wise

Gaprofitt

Hi All,

Years ago my parents went on an MSC cruise, don't recall the name of it.   My Dad is a steak and potatoes, born in the south kinda guy.    What are the buffet options for say Kids and Not so fancy eaters?  Burgers, fries? Pizza?  Fruit?  Chicken?   I remember them complaining all the food was "foreign"... Lol   I was thinking about going on the Seaside...

4 hours ago, Gaprofitt said:

Hi All,

Years ago my parents went on an MSC cruise, don't recall the name of it.   My Dad is a steak and potatoes, born in the south kinda guy.    What are the buffet options for say Kids and Not so fancy eaters?  Burgers, fries? Pizza?  Fruit?  Chicken?   I remember them complaining all the food was "foreign"... Lol   I was thinking about going on the Seaside...

The Seaside buffet has burgers, fries, pizza, chicken and fish fingers, baked/roast chicken, salad bar, fruit, Mediterranean section with cold cuts and cheeses, stir fries, carving station and "ethnic" section..  there's even breakfast pizzas in the morning 

And the dining room has steak and fries or potato available every night. 

I'm not sure if they still have the same kids menus in the MDR, but my picky daughter 2 years ago was not a fan of the "pizza" on the kids menu. She loved the pizza from the buffet and we actually ended up picking some up each evening after dinner for her. The kids menu pizza had some odd toppings. Once it was vegetables, like peas and carrots, and another time was pizza with cut up hot dogs pieces lol. Just a word of caution to look out for that if they still have the same menus

The video above is of the Divina.  I watched a video of the buffet on Seaside last night that generally showed the same stuff but not packaged as pretty.  I would think a picky eater will have a strong reaction to any cruise because there will be stuff that isn't prepared like it is at home even when it's a familiar food like steak.  We use it as an opportunity to make the kids eat out of their comfort zone.  That's what travel is for, from our perspective.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, cathep said:

The video above is of the Divina.  I watched a video of the buffet on Seaside last night that generally showed the same stuff but not packaged as pretty.  I would think a picky eater will have a strong reaction to any cruise because there will be stuff that isn't prepared like it is at home even when it's a familiar food like steak.  We use it as an opportunity to make the kids eat out of their comfort zone.  That's what travel is for, from our perspective.  

Well said, kids are picky for a reason...my Neice and Nephews are picky according to their parents, but when they stay with me, they’ll try anything.  Their parents tell them ahead of time, “you won’t like that” etc...parents set the tone. 

OMG!! The buffet has better healthy choices than most other lines. Love that they have grilled eggplant. Only niggle is the tongs handled by passengers instead of staff. Sure way to spread norovirus.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aloha 1 said:

OMG!! The buffet has better healthy choices than most other lines. Love that they have grilled eggplant. Only niggle is the tongs handled by passengers instead of staff. Sure way to spread norovirus.

This figured heavily into my decision to try MSC.  I watched a couple of videos and said bene bene!

I try to use a napkin or something when I'm touching the tongs. It helps if they enforce hand sanitizers. They sure did on NCL.  No getting past "washy washy happy happy" lady.

Edited by SeaTheW0rld