When to arrive at Pier?

snmpgh

Filled out the checkin form today for our up coming Symphony cruise.  At the end it told us to arrive at the port at 3:30.  I know this is a massive ship and disembarkation and embarkation take longer, but I have never gotten a time that late since they started assigning times. 

How strict is RCCL with their times?  Not in a suite and only Platium (we jump around too much to rack up points with one line) so not seeing any help there.  If we show up at 11 will have sit around for 4 hours?  

Thanks

Mike

On our 2 cruises we check out of our hotel (always fly in the before) around 0900 and head to the port.. I get bored waiting around a hotel when there's so much to look forward to..I like to sleep but damn.. on a cruise day I'm up an at em like a kid on Christmas day! lol 

• Like 2

I have noticed several times on our sailings where the suggested time is past the time everyone really needs to be on board before the ship sails. Our upcoming cruise on the Emerald Princess has check in  at 1 PM for our deck and final boarding is 2:45, ship leaves at 4 PM We plan to be out of the Hotel heading to the ship by 11 or 11:30. I am thinking with a 4 PM departure, Muster will happen around 3 PM. 

6 hours ago, twangster said:

I often wonder if the ongoing posting on social media to ignore the offered arrival times will eventually lead to the enforcement of them.

I doubt it.  I think it's purely an attempt to spread out the crowd.  Not sure how they would enforce some people enjoying what they've paid for later than others.

1 hour ago, Desert Cruizers said:

They can't enforce 3000 + people to arrive at specified times, but can hope some will arrive at their assigned times to reduce large numbers arriving at once.  

Other cruise lines enforce it, and it works well. Carnival will not even let you into the port building in Miami if you arrive before your check in time. But you get on the ship very fast since there are less people trying to check in. RCI does enforce arrival times for non-US sailings. 

Just now, dacsmom said:

Other cruise lines enforce it, and it works well. Carnival will not even let you into the port building in Miami if you arrive before your check in time. But you get on the ship very fast since there are less people trying to check in. RCI does enforce arrival times for non-US sailings. 

I haven’t read reports of check in times being enforced for non US sailings.  There may have been the odd one but it is not common.

4 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I haven’t read reports of check in times being enforced for non US sailings.  There may have been the odd one but it is not common.

Good to know, thanks. I was surprised when a relative told me that they could not check in until their chosen time, it was probably just an unusual sailing. It was a Mediterranean cruise. Hopefully one day I can see if it was true, but I have to wait until I retire to enjoy that part of the world.