any way around the drink package rule?

16 minutes ago, BigBuoys said:

This is Cruise Critic. 10% of what is posted is correct. 10% is people not current. 50% is opinion. Remaining 30% is opinion of what people think the rule should be, not what it actually is. 

You'll have better success asking your question to a physic then this site. 🙂

That's pretty good insight for someone who joined CC just 3 hours ago.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

That's pretty good insight for someone who joined CC just 3 hours ago.

It didn't take long. Some of the threads here .... OMG. And I swear it looks like some people post just to post. For example, someone asks a question and the reply is "I don't know". 

TBH: I used to post here years ago, 2010-2011. It was just as bad then - just more active. I couldn't remember my password and I no longer have access to the email address I had then - so new account...

Edited by BigBuoys

15 hours ago, RCCL Fan said:

WOW! I never knew this.

I've posted a many posts about alcohol pkg, basically where I say "i'm not a big drinker"

Basically I'm not a drinker at all

My one poison is a frozen mojito I freaking love those things  I will usually have 1-2 with alcohol each day, but a million more alcohol free.

But the cost of them --- even virgin always dictated buying the alcohol pkg.

My wife loves her wine and booze, and we always have to buy two so I just get both pkgs typically even though 95% of my drinking is alcohol free. 

I had no idea the royal refreshment pkg lets me get frozen drinks without the alcohol!  This might be a huge game changer for us.

Thanks Cruise Critic. 

Oh my gosh!! Too bad you didn’t know this before. It would have saved a little money. But I’m glad that you saw this and found out today. Happy sailing!!

5 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

We were responding to the period when policy started. Now second passenger almost always have to buy Deluxe package

Not true.

When they were allowing a second passenger to not buy any package, it was said tht those passengers had to be unable to drink alcohol.

NOW, at least as recently as last month, it is fine for one person to book the Deluxe pacakge and the other to book the refreshment pacakge.  It usually will not work online (though sometimes if you buy the refreshment first and then go and add the Delux for the person without a pacakge already you can. or we could), so you have to call.

15 minutes ago, xxHadleyxx said:

Not true.

When they were allowing a second passenger to not buy any package, it was said tht those passengers had to be unable to drink alcohol.

NOW, at least as recently as last month, it is fine for one person to book the Deluxe pacakge and the other to book the refreshment pacakge.  It usually will not work online (though sometimes if you buy the refreshment first and then go and add the Delux for the person without a pacakge already you can. or we could), so you have to call.

Agree, knew that. Misspoke when typed that. That is what meant to say. One can now buy Deluxe other refreshment. Unlike in past. Thats what we were talking about... 

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, BigBuoys said:

It didn't take long. Some of the threads here .... OMG. And I swear it looks like some people post just to post. For example, someone asks a question and the reply is "I don't know". 

TBH: I used to post here years ago, 2010-2011. It was just as bad then - just more active. I couldn't remember my password and I no longer have access to the email address I had then - so new account...

Been on Cruise Critic for over 21yrs, same as every other online site...

Edited by ONECRUISER

8 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Agree, knew that. Misspoke when typed that. That is what meant to say. One can now buy Deluxe other refreshment. Unlike in past. Thats what we were talking about... 

Got it!  It's so easy to leave a word out, and then misss the short edit window here on cc.