Cococay drone construction footage

5 minutes ago, justgimeasec said:

Awesome video! Anyone have any idea what the circles in the water are around the 5:25 mark? They look like swim platforms? Off the shore area of the 2 semi-circular coves?

They look like jet skis to me, going in small circles. 

Just now, A&L_Ont said:

They look like jet skis to me, going in small circles. 

I saw those - got my reservation booked for them and can't wait!  But to the left of those past the peninsula with the cabanas on it. I can make out about 3 of them, a decent distance from shore.

16 minutes ago, justgimeasec said:

Awesome video! Anyone have any idea what the circles in the water are around the 5:25 mark? They look like swim platforms? Off the shore area of the 2 semi-circular coves?

Do you mean 5:55 mark? i think that are some sort of cabanas but just my guess.

Bigger question for me is how are they going to finish all of that work this year???

Great video!

Justgimeasec, are these what you are talking about?  They are a great distance from the shore.

E6EB2544-B6F5-4B4C-9FF0-94C924B42625.thumb.jpeg.fb84e9122ae1a4e1b6a3816fc09208e8.jpeg

They look to be something natural in the water.  I have never been to CoCo so it’s only a guess. If it is the same item you are thinking of they appear to be there well before the island improvements/changes. 

319D6557-D642-4ACB-A44C-1E76F6851C3C.thumb.jpeg.455960ab0b85e028f55c0f6d5a2bfbbd.jpeg

6 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Justgimeasec, are these what you are talking about?  They are a great distance from the shore.

E6EB2544-B6F5-4B4C-9FF0-94C924B42625.thumb.jpeg.fb84e9122ae1a4e1b6a3816fc09208e8.jpeg

They look to be something natural in the water.  I have never been to CoCo so it’s only a guess. If it is the same item you are thinking of they appear to be there well before the island improvements/changes. 

319D6557-D642-4ACB-A44C-1E76F6851C3C.thumb.jpeg.455960ab0b85e028f55c0f6d5a2bfbbd.jpeg

Yes A&L_Ont - that’s what I saw in the video. Better view of them after 6:00 or so. 

I’m guessing they aren’t swim platforms since they are far out, but they looked too large and flat to be bouys. 

1 minute ago, hancock said:

I was there the end of January.  Think this video was taken sometime before January. No sign of the slide construction we saw while we were there,

Thanks , all updates appreciated. YouTube said a month, which could probably mean 1-2 months ???? 

/

anyway good news , as the more progress the better 

1 hour ago, justgimeasec said:

Yes A&L_Ont - that’s what I saw in the video. Better view of them after 6:00 or so. 

I’m guessing they aren’t swim platforms since they are far out, but they looked too large and flat to be bouys. 

There are lifeguard platforms that are offshore that are near a submerged airplane and a boat.  I would bet that could be them.  They are a decent swim offshore.

• Like 1

I know there are two swim platforms out there. They are approximately 10'x10'. I think the third one is a lifeguard. There is also a lifeguard on the end of the little island on the upper left. I know there are platforms because I've climbed up on them to take a break from snorkeling. 

• Like 1