LOYALTY CREDIT

EightFurryPaws

18 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

Thanks...it’s never been non-refundable for me & looking forward to any additional information you may gather about it.

I will report back after I talk with the Circle Hostess.  In the meantime assuming it is now non-refundable I used it to get the unlimited internet. 😀

10 minutes ago, idahospud said:

It was refundable for me in November. I got my extra back from my cruise on Royal Princess and was sent a check for $92 about three weeks later.

Since the FCD credit is non-refundable maybe Passenger Services confused the two types of OBC? 

The person I talked did know the difference.  He is the one who suggested that I talk with the Circle Hostess.

20 minutes ago, Coral said:

I am actually surprised any of it would be refundable (I know it has been). It is a gift from Princess. They have been very generous with OBC IMO. 

The only money that I think should be refundable would be gifts from travel agents when they rebate their commission and gift their passengers OBC.

I agree that Princess is very generous with the OBC.  When I first started getting the loyalty I too was surprised that it was refundable.  We always managed to use it though.  When we started to get  a lot of obc from promotions, DH's military, stock  and the loyalty I started keeping track of it all in a spreadsheet as I found it more difficult to spend it all.  We do not spend a lot of money on board so if it really is non-refundable we will have to get creative in spending it.  Hmm!  Maybe some jewelry. 😀

19 minutes ago, CTGirl said:

I will report back after I talk with the Circle Hostess.  In the meantime assuming it is now non-refundable I used it to get the unlimited internet. 😀

The person I talked did know the difference.  He is the one who suggested that I talk with the Circle Hostess.

Please do. That would be a big policy change for those of us who can never use it all up. 

4 hours ago, CTGirl said:

I am on the Caribbean Princess right now and I am seeing in my account that my loyalty obc is non-refundable.  We were just bumped up to the $100 level on this cruise.  The loyalty obc had always been refundable on every other cruise we took before this one.  I talked to someone in Passengers Services and he told me that loyalty obc has been non-refundable for about 2 years.  I plan on talking to the Circle Host tomorrow but I'm wondering what you all who qualify for the loyalty obc have experienced.  Thanks in advance.

It was refundable on the Emerald on a cruise that ended in early January this year.

I never had a problem spending it in the past when pre-reserved shore excursions could be paid for on board using the loyalty OBC. Now that you have to pay for pre-reserved excursions, the loyalty OBC cannot be used for that anymore.

We have been on many Princess cruises and the Loyalty OBC had always been refundable. However, on our Princess cruise in in late December the Loyalty OBC was nonrefundable. We were told by the Captain Circle hostess that the change in policy had just been implemented.

Edited by erber
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, erber said:

We have been on many Princess cruises and the Loyalty OBC had always been refundable. However, on our Princess cruise in in late December the Loyalty OBC was nonrefundable. We were told by the Captain Circle hostess that the change in policy had just been implemented.

That is the same as we are experiencing on this ship.  I talked to the Circle Hostess this morning.  It is her first contract as a Circle Hostess.  She told me she came onboard 3 months ago and the loyalty obc has been non-refundable since she got on.  It looks like this is a policy change for Princess.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, CTGirl said:

That is the same as we are experiencing on this ship.  I talked to the Circle Hostess this morning.  It is her first contract as a Circle Hostess.  She told me she came onboard 3 months ago and the loyalty obc has been non-refundable since she got on.  It looks like this is a policy change for Princess.

Well, dang. Thanks for checking back in. I did get mine back in November so the policy must have changed right afterwards. I'll be needing to make plans on how to use it up from now on then, I guess.

On 2/25/2019 at 5:23 PM, nukesubsailor said:

... Unfortunately, the loyalty credit is awarded only one per cabin even if both occupants have enough cruise credits to qualify.

This would be the spousal penalty.  When I travel with my husband, only I get the credit.  When I travel with my dad and aunt, all three of us get the loyalty credit.  I was told it's because we have different last names. 

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, partybarbie said:

This would be the spousal penalty.  When I travel with my husband, only I get the credit.  When I travel with my dad and aunt, all three of us get the loyalty credit.  I was told it's because we have different last names. 

That doesn't seem fair ... but I guess we can't look a gift horse in the mouth.  We're only in the $25 category ... so not missing out on too much.  Plus, we get to add it to stockholder and FCC obc, so can't complain too much.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, partybarbie said:

That doesn't seem fair. My wife and I both received the credit for the first time on our last cruise. She uses her maiden name and I never gave it a thought as this might be the reason why we both received the credit.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, travlngar said:

That doesn't seem fair. My wife and I both received the credit for the first time on our last cruise. She uses her maiden name and I never gave it a thought as this might be the reason why we both received the credit.

Yes, that would be why.  DH gets the military credit though, so that helps a lot, especially on the longer cruises. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

I just can't figure out how anyone has any OBC leftover at the end of a cruise?  :classic_unsure:

In past years that applied to us but now with generally higher cruise fares being offset by more credits (including offers with free tips) on some cruises it’s not as easy for us to spend all of the credits on things we want to purchase.  Obviously having an abundance of OBC sure beats not having enough of it. ☺️

2 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

In past years that applied to us but now with generally higher cruise fares being offset by more credits (including offers with free tips) on some cruises it’s not as easy for us to spend all of the credits on things we want to purchase.  Obviously having an abundance of OBC sure beats not having enough of it. ☺️

I think most of us would prefer to have our cruise fare reduced by the amount of OBC.

10 minutes ago, Coral said:

I think most of us would prefer to have our cruise fare reduced by the amount of OBC.

Absolutely because Princess pockets more profit by having higher fares that are partially offset by OBC which might be used for purchases passengers wouldn’t normally make.

A $100 of cruise fare costs passengers $100;  a $100 credit would cost Princess much less than $100...a winning system for Princess.

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, caribill said:

It was refundable on the Emerald on a cruise that ended in early January this year.

I never had a problem spending it in the past when pre-reserved shore excursions could be paid for on board using the loyalty OBC. Now that you have to pay for pre-reserved excursions, the loyalty OBC cannot be used for that anymore.

17 hours ago, caribill said:

I have been able to reserve excursions and ‘pay’ with my OBC with no problem. It gives that option when you select to reserve the excursion. It continues to show the full OBC available on the summary, but the excursions Reservation page shows it “paid”. 

2 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

I just can't figure out how anyone has any OBC leftover at the end of a cruise?  :classic_unsure:

It's only happen once for us.  We had "sip and sail", pre-paid gratuities, and $1000.00 in shipboard credit.  We ended up getting a check for $400.00 sent to the house.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, New York Nana said:

I have been able to reserve excursions and ‘pay’ with my OBC with no problem. It gives that option when you select to reserve the excursion. It continues to show the full OBC available on the summary, but the excursions Reservation page shows it “paid”. 

Loyalty credit is not available until boarding the ship & thus isn’t usuable for paying for tours until boarding the ship.

It’s been reported that some passengers are seeing Loyalty credit in their cruise summary document within 5-7 days before sailing.  However being so close to sailing it’s not as useful as when we didn’t have to make advance payment for tours and instead booked in advance & paid by using all of our available OBC including Loyalty.

2 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

Loyalty credit is not available until boarding the ship & thus isn’t usuable for paying for tours until boarding the ship.

It’s been reported that some passengers are seeing Loyalty credit in their cruise summary document within 5-7 days before sailing.  However being so close to sailing it’s not as useful as when we didn’t have to make advance payment for tours and instead booked in advance & paid by using all of our available OBC including Loyalty.

Yes this is true if you mean the Travel Summary (the document you can print out).  It does not show up under payments and credits in your personalizer.  Mine showed up on my Travel Summary about 7 days before the cruise.  However, it does not show up in the On Board Credit part of the document.  It is in a category called Special Services.  It is labeled onboard credit there but in my account on the ship it is labeled "Loyalty Commends (non-refundable)".

1 minute ago, CTGirl said:

Yes this is true if you mean the Travel Summary (the document you can print out).  It does not show up under payments and credits in your personalizer.  Mine showed up on my Travel Summary about 7 days before the cruise.  However, it does not show up in the On Board Credit part of the document.  It is in a category called Special Services.  It is labeled onboard credit there but in my account on the ship it is labeled "Loyalty Commends (non-refundable)".

Thanks...yes, in the Travel Summary & appreciate your confirmation about it being displayed 7 days before embarkation.

5 hours ago, New York Nana said:

Correct, but the Loyalty OBC is not available to use before the cruise.

2 hours ago, CTGirl said:

I looked for it there the week before my cruise last December. I could not find it.