Sign in Each Time

9 minutes ago, jamscckmc said:

Anyone else having to sign in each time you go on CC? For years I've automatically been on when I go to the site. Now each time it says you are not authorized to be on here and then I have to sign in.

This is why I stopped trying to use tapatalk app.  Constant signing in 

• Like 1

Anyone else having to sign in each time you go on CC? For years I've automatically been on when I go to the site. Now each time it says you are not authorized to be on here and then I have to sign in.

There was a big issue until February 13. After that fix I have only had to log back in a few times. For those still having to log in each time it may be that cross site trackers are adding so many first party cookies that they are pushing out the legitimate login cookie. If your browser has an option to prevent cross site tracking it should be selected. It probably does have that option. It may be called block third party cookies. Check and see what is selected. If not blocking them, turn on blocking and see if that helps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

After the re-vamp last autumn I had that problem on IE, the only browser I've ever used .

Someone on this forum suggested that I switch to chrome. I reluctantly did (I don't like the features & navigation on chrome) and it did the job.

Now I use chrome for CC and IE for everything else. That kinda works for me though all too often I'll accidentally close everything on chrome instead of just the one window that I wanted to close.

Makes like complicated for this technology-illiterate dinosaur, but a whole lot better than signing in several times a day.

As far as I'm concerned the re-vamp was the biggest mistake CC ever made, I miss the easy navigation of the old set-up and I came close to closing my account. 
Now I get by with it.

BTW, from time to time (including just now) I log in via IE hoping the techies have done something about it.

Nope - it still logs me out each time and I have to log back in each time.

C'est la vie

Try chrome - fingers crossed for you

JB :classic_smile:

BTW, from time to time (including just now) I log in via IE hoping the techies have done something about it.
Nope - it still logs me out each time and I have to log back in each time.
C'est la vie

Is Do not track turned on? If not turn it on and see if that makes a difference.

Not likely much effort will be made to do something to make IE work. Internet Explorer was discontinued three or four years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Charles4515 said:

Is Do not track turned on? If not turn it on and see if that makes a difference.

Not likely much effort will be made to do something to make IE work. Internet Explorer was discontinued three or four years ago.

Hi, Charles,

'scuse my ignorance, but what is "do not track"?

Is it a CC thing?

Or will it affect other websites?

Where do I find it? Once found, presumably it'll be obvious to this dunce how to turn it on?

I shall continue to wring every ounce that I can out of IE.

Same as I did with the original Googlemaps, which was a thousand times better than their re-vamp. 

My clarion-call is "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

Sadly the world of techies has other ideas.:classic_wacko:

I soldier on

JB :classic_smile:

Hi, Charles,

'scuse my ignorance, but what is "do not track"?

Is it a CC thing?

Or will it affect other websites?

Where do I find it? Once found, presumably it'll be obvious to this dunce how to turn it on?

I shall continue to wring every ounce that I can out of IE.

Same as I did with the original Googlemaps, which was a thousand times better than their re-vamp. 

My clarion-call is "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

Sadly the world of techies has other ideas.wacko.png&key=c9949a87c3682e4d23a2b81acb564743c3043bf49e03e557da08028b5d8820b3

I soldier on

JB smile.png&key=9e403a54a82bc4d7f0258896091d6037662e2646f91ec13f85e401e7cc8bce54

To simplify the way CC or any website knows you are logged in or not is by inserting a cookie on your computer. The cookie contains data and generally you want to allow that cookie or you would have to login in every time. You couldn’t really use the internet without those first party cookies. Third party cookies are usually placed by advertisers to track your web browsing. They use that data to collect info about you. Even if you are not on Facebook, Facebook can collect info about you. Blocking third party trackers is supposed to inhibit that. The third party trackers also slow down your browser. What that might have to do with your log in issue is that those trackers might be overwhelming the CC cookie and the CC cookie never gets to authenticate you. A possibility. I would not bet on it, but it could be. I read about that happening. Or it just could be IE and CC are not compatible. I can’t tell you how to turn off third party tracking in Internet Explorer to test that possibility since I don’t have IE.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Same problem with taps talk have to log in every day. One other thing I notice is for example when in the princess cruises forum I can only view about the last 8’hrs is posts seems very weird

It is not necessarily the last 8 hours. Tapatalk only pulls up the most recent 20 posts, then gives a spinning wheel as it tries to retrieve more.

I thought maybe it had something to do with the thousands in each forum that was slowing it down. The same spinning wheel happens when you go to a forum with fewer threads, like Virgin Voyages, so there goes that theory.

I have to sign in only every couple days now.

Past Reviews post 184

It is not necessarily the last 8 hours. Tapatalk only pulls up the most recent 20 posts, then gives a spinning wheel as it tries to retrieve more.

I thought maybe it had something to do with the thousands in each forum that was slowing it down. The same spinning wheel happens when you go to a forum with fewer threads, like Virgin Voyages, so there goes that theory.

I have to sign in only every couple days now.

Past Reviews post 184

Awesome thank you for that info. I know long time ago you could always see more then the 20 I wonder if there is anyway to change that

• 3 months later...
9 minutes ago, richsea said:

Why do I have to sign in every few days? Very annoying. It happens on my iPad, iPhone, & Macbook Pro.

I had to sign in the other day on my iPhone and iPad, but not on my Windows 10 laptop.  That made me think it has something to do with Safari. 

7 minutes ago, richsea said:

Signing in every day is really getting annoying. Are any moderators paying attention?

I can't even sign back in on my iPad or iPhone. Luckily my computer is staying logged in. I think the constant issues that continue to come up indicate a flaw with whoever is running the IT. I blame operator error because I am a member of other forums using this software and they don't have issues. They also use a normal login like Cruise Critic used to use on their old forum software that was changed for some reason when they changed to this software. 

2 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

I can't even sign back in on my iPad or iPhone. Luckily my computer is staying logged in. I think the constant issues that continue to come up indicate a flaw with whoever is running the IT. I blame operator error because I am a member of other forums using this software and they don't have issues. They also use a normal login like Cruise Critic used to use on their old forum software that was changed for some reason when they changed to this software. 

You can get around the login problem by getting your mobile browser to display the desktop webpage. (In Android it is a menu option.) That login will work. Once logged in switch back to the mobile webpage.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/26/2019 at 5:02 PM, richsea said:

Signing in every day is really getting annoying. Are any moderators paying attention?

LOL.  Are you serious? 🙄

Edited by Kingofcool1947