General sea conditions - YVR to HNL?

julia

Ok....  I fully realize that sea conditions can vary greatly (weather-based) on any given cruise, but what was your experience sailing in September from Vancouver to Honolulu?

Calm?  Smooth?   Following?   Choppy?   Rolling?    WT***?!!

Thx!!

We live in Hawaii so our preference is YVR to HNL. Weatherize to me it's better going from cold to warm and the April run would be quite a contrast as cold and rainy is prevalent that time of year in Vancouver's "Temperate Rainforest" climate. 40 degrees F and rain is not temperate to me.

We've done it both ways, like glass on the Honolulu to Vancouver route and a bit choppy for a day or so going the other way but nothing bad. A girlfriend has done this route in February and it was AWFUL. They missed a port because of being delayed a day crossing. They had to slow right down

On 2/26/2019 at 6:00 PM, phoenix_dream said:

On our last cruise talked to the Captains Club hostess about this very question.  She said the seas do have a tendency to be rocky, at least as compared to the Caribbean.  

No doubt this is true compared to the Caribbean...  there's definitely more current in the Pacific.  I'm glad to hear the southbound itinerary may be smooth.