Is Pacific Princess scheduled for a dry dock?

railman

I see a hole in her schedule from 5/27 to 6/12.  Doing a search for her drydock schedule I find nothing.  I figure the only two possibilities are Dry Dock, or a private charter.

Does anyone know if a drydock is scheduled, and if so what will be worked on?

There's been some discussion on the Roll Call for the Dec 22, 2019 sailing about the dry dock in May of this year. Everything from adding Medallion (doubtful but maybe it's some preparation) and a MUTS (maybe IMHO) to as little as a new large format video screen in the theatre (the most likely IMHO). Regardless, something's afoot as it is a bit longer dry dock, especially as she just went through one very recently.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

We disembarked yesterday and the crew said the dry dock was for maintenance and mentioned that work had already started behind the scenes. I talked with one passenger that had been on the ship for the world cruise starting Jan 5th said both the Pacific Lounge and Cabaret Lounge were being updated. We took on a lot of workers in Panama and noticed six guys wearing Nortel shirts in the Buffet.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mjceditor said:

We disembarked yesterday and the crew said the dry dock was for maintenance and mentioned that work had already started behind the scenes. I talked with one passenger that had been on the ship for the world cruise starting Jan 5th said both the Pacific Lounge and Cabaret Lounge were being updated. We took on a lot of workers in Panama and noticed six guys wearing Nortel shirts in the Buffet.

What's Nortel?

I googled it and came up with this:

Nortel Networks Corporation, formerly commonly known as Northern Electric and Northern Telecom, was a multinational telecommunications and data networking equipment manufacturer headquartered in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada. Wikipedia

Defunct: February 2, 2013
  • Haha 1

2017 (May 30 - Jun 😎

• general renovations (new carpeting, upholstery, draperies, furniture)
  • Atrium modernized
  • Sterling Steakhouse (upholstery, draperies, artworks)
  • Sabatini’s (repainted walls, furnishings, upholstery, carpeting)
  • Club Restaurant (redecorated)
  • Panorama Buffet (new tilework, draperies, carpeting, updated furniture)
  • Lido deck (new teak flooring, tiling, lounge furniture)
  • all cabins upgraded ("Princess Luxury Beds", plush linens, plush carpeting, headboards, draperies, decorative lamps, wall sconces with USB ports)
  • all suites updated (new dining tables, chairs, lounge chairs, sofabeds, desks)

Found this at https://www.cruisemapper.com/wiki/767-cruise-ship-refurbishment-dry-dock-schedule

14 minutes ago, jl88 said:

2017 (May 30 - Jun 😎

• general renovations (new carpeting, upholstery, draperies, furniture)
  • Atrium modernized
  • Sterling Steakhouse (upholstery, draperies, artworks)
  • Sabatini’s (repainted walls, furnishings, upholstery, carpeting)
  • Club Restaurant (redecorated)
  • Panorama Buffet (new tilework, draperies, carpeting, updated furniture)
  • Lido deck (new teak flooring, tiling, lounge furniture)
  • all cabins upgraded ("Princess Luxury Beds", plush linens, plush carpeting, headboards, draperies, decorative lamps, wall sconces with USB ports)
  • all suites updated (new dining tables, chairs, lounge chairs, sofabeds, desks)

Found this at https://www.cruisemapper.com/wiki/767-cruise-ship-refurbishment-dry-dock-schedule

Yes

All the above happened in 2017.

The cabins and dining room are beautiful.

I'm one of the people hoping for a modified MUTS screen by the pool .

I love the Pacific but one of my only complaints is lack of choices in the evening. Movies outside would be a great addition.

This is a major survey & drydocking for the ex R3 that is 20 years old this year.

two weeks is the normal time for most cruise ship maintenance / repair / survey dockings.

Wish the middle aged old girl many more years sailing for Princess.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Fatfish said:

Thanks; I saw this etc; I'm asking about Dec 2020 till April 2021.....

We are on the cruise ending in December 2020 so also are very interested in this.

She was supposed to have multiple Fort Lauderdale - Cuba sailings in that period but when the government shut that down they were taken off the schedule.

I check all the time. That hole in the schedule is still there.

On 5/28/2019 at 2:37 PM, chamima said:

Yes

I love the Pacific but one of my only complaints is lack of choices in the evening. Movies outside would be a great addition.

Hiiiii Karen!   I hope you're right, that's the only thing I miss about the small ships is MUTS! 😘 😘

On 5/28/2019 at 5:37 PM, chamima said:

Yes

We did a TA on the ship last December and did wish their were more choices for evening entertainment. Quite a few nights the Pacific Lounge was used to show movies.

Wonder why this lounge was built so flat, DW is rather short and we had to get there a good 45 minutes to get a seat up front so she could see. For some reason early arrival who are tall would often sit in the first row blocking our views.

On 6/10/2019 at 12:46 PM, Fatfish said:

I see that there is nothing on the Pacifics schedule from Dec 19, 2020 till it sails again from Ft. Lauderdale Sat, Apr 24, 2021....Sounds like a long term charter.....Anybody know anything....

She was scheduled to do Cuba cruises during this time. With the president's recent announcement regarding going to Cuba, they've been cancelled. Princess is scrambling to come up with new itineraries for that time. I'm voting, FWIW, she go up the Amazon river.