Sheesh, Another Bev Package Question

SixOneTwo

We've been on dozens of Celebrity sailings,  but have never done the bev packages.  Our question is on the non-alcoholic choices.

Classic description says "Enjoy your favorite Coca Cola...sodas such as Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Fanta Orange and Coke Zero..."

Premium description says "Enjoy nearly our (sic) entire selection of sodas on board including all canned and fountain soft drinks from Coca Cola..."

So, are ALL kinds of sodas included in both of these?  Assuming the Premium text should be "Enjoy nearly ALL our..."  And yet what other sodas are in their selection if you can enjoy NEARLY all of them?  Are they not included in the Classic package?

What sodas AREN'T included in either of these packages?  I'm not asking about water, or Red Bull or Vitamin Water.  Just soda.

The copywriter for these beverage package blurbs could have made all of the package descriptions much more clear, as we all know.  But perhaps that would put Cruise Critic out of business...

11 minutes ago, DoubleEntry said:

I believe I remember that the Classic gets you a glass of soda at a bar while the Premium gets you the can.  This was a while back so it could have changed a hundred times.

Jeff

That was the case for awhile but I believe that both packages include both canned and bottled soda. At least we have gotten both.

I think the differentiation between the two packages might be whether your soda comes from a fountain or "gun" style of dispenser, versus it being served in a can or individual-serving bottle.

With the premium package, your soda (based on availability) will most likely come in a can.

With the classic package, your soda MIGHT come from a post-mix dispensing system.

And with that being said, when we have had the classic package, we have received our sodas in a can. YMMV.

😎

Hi, OK, maybe I need to join the bad copywriters, because I wasn't clear about my question.

1. Other than Coca Cola products, what other "soda" options are there that might or might not be included?  E.g. can I get ginger ale?  Club soda?  Tonic water?  Carbonated water from the gun (not bottled sparking water)?

2. Regardless of how the beverage is delivered (can or gun), is there a difference in the actual soda choices between the two soda packages?

Unfortunately, the description on X's website is NOT fairly clear.  

51 minutes ago, SixOneTwo said:

Hi, OK, maybe I need to join the bad copywriters, because I wasn't clear about my question.

1. Other than Coca Cola products, what other "soda" options are there that might or might not be included?  E.g. can I get ginger ale?  Club soda?  Tonic water?  Carbonated water from the gun (not bottled sparking water)?

2. Regardless of how the beverage is delivered (can or gun), is there a difference in the actual soda choices between the two soda packages?

Unfortunately, the description on X's website is NOT fairly clear.  

I think what is posted on X's website if very clear, as can possibly be.

They can only post what is anticipated to be aboard and not what is actually aboard.

Just like the wine and liquor selections, they can only indicate what is intended to be there, but cannot guarantee that any specific item listed will be available, as I have found out on several sailings.

Beverages like ginger ale, club soda or tonic water, if not available in cans in the OVC or DR's most certainly will be available vis-a-vis the bar through the beverage gun.

Choices will almost always be the same as posted on the website, although I do not doubt that there may have been or are times when variations and substitutes have/are made. Of course, no one can predict which, if any, before boarding.

bon voyage

Maybe I'm reading more into the descriptions than I should.  I'm interpreting:

• The Classic package as including all Coca Cola products ONLY.  And if there are non-Coca Cola products they are not included.   
  • The Premium package as including those same products PLUS any other soda types they have on board.  

But what I think they MEAN is:  Classic and Premium include sodas.  Oh, by the way, we serve Coke products. 

Thanks to those who had actual experiences to relay.