Need recommendations for hotel close to Port of Tampa

estillcrew

We are cruising out of Tampa in March and plan to come down one day early. Is there a hotel that offers a stay, park, and cruise option? If not, are there any other hotels you would recommend - especially ones that come with a free breakfast?

Thanks so much!

yes, we have stayed twice now at the Quality Inn Airport/cruiseport. Call them and ask for the stay and cruise package. They provide shuttle service to and from the port.Ā 

Ā 

If you are like us, once you get out of the car after a drive you don't want to get back in to eat. There is a Brazilian steakhouse right next door - very good, very expensive. Across and down the street a little is a small Greek chain that serves good food as well.Ā 

For what it's worth, the Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay was not ideal.Ā  It's very close to the airport, and it wasn't a bad cab ride.Ā  But it was quite expensive to get a bay view, and there was like, a fingernail embedded in polish on the countertop in the bathroom.Ā  Lovely location.Ā  Fantastic complimentary full breakfast.Ā  Fingernail in bathroom.

The Hampton Inn in Ybor City/Downtown Tampa is about 1 mile from the port and offers cruise/park packages as well.Ā  My family and I are staying there later this year when we take a family reunion cruise.

Ā 

Below is their contact info:

Ā 

Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa/Ybor City/Downtown
1301 East 7th Avenue
Tampa FL 33605, US
T: +1 8132476700

Ā 

Garnett

5 minutes ago, N7786W Flyer said:

The Hampton Inn in Ybor City/Downtown Tampa is about 1 mile from the port and offers cruise/park packages as well.Ā  My family and I are staying there later this year when we take a family reunion cruise.

Ā 

Below is their contact info:

Ā 

Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa/Ybor City/Downtown
1301 East 7th Avenue
Tampa FL 33605, US
T: +1 8132476700

Ā 

Garnett

Ā 

I second this.Ā  We stayed there prior to a cruise to Cuba.Ā  Very clean, very nice, free breakfast.

I like staying at the LaQuinta Brandon Regency Park. Right off I-75, plenty of shopping and restaurants in the area. About a 15/20 minute taxi/Uber ride to the port. There is also a Fairfield Inn in that area that offers cruise and park packages.Ā 

Ā We stay at the Hampton Inn in Ybor city also. We have stayed there at least a half a dozen times. We have flown in a couple times and took UberĀ Ā there or we have driven there and left her car for the duration of the cruise. They have a nice shuttle that takes you to the cruise port. We have found Ā however thatĀ we often depart the ship prior to their shuttle service beginning so we Uber back to the hotel. (Less than $10).Ā 

Ā 

Ā There are very nice dinner choices aĀ short walk from the hotel.Ā 

Ā 

Enjoy

m

On 2/28/2019 at 1:51 PM, estillcrew said:

We are cruising out of Tampa in March and plan to come down one day early. Is there a hotel that offers a stay, park, and cruise option? If not, are there any other hotels you would recommend - especially ones that come with a free breakfast?

Thanks so much!

Embassy Suites is close to the port and offers a huge complentary breakfast as well as complimentary happy hour with drinks and snacks.Ā