Caribbean Princess MDR pre booking Anytime Dining

LaRoLarRo

Hi,

For the Caribbean Princess

Can you please tell me if we can book times for our Anytime Dinning in the MDR ahead of time online?

Or do we have to wait and book once on the ship?

Or do we just have to go to the restaurant and wait?

Thank you all so much for your endless time and help on Cruise Critic. Once I have experience I will pass it forward too

PS this is a repeat question because the first time I forgot to put the ship and tried to edit but I think I failed :)

15 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Anytime dining is just that.

When you are ready to eat head to the dining room. 

If you want a set time book traditional dining.

Just FYI . . . On our second cruise (which we are taking after the Caribbean Princess) on the Celebrity Equinox we were allowed to pre book online in the MDR on their equivalent of Anytime Dinning.

We don't want a traditional set time dining with the same time everyday at the same table with the same people.

We were just hoping we could also book one meal (not the entire week) in the main dining room on the Caribbean Princess. So we could  know we would for sure get seated as a couple and enjoy the MDR experience together to decide if indeed on another cruise we may actually want traditional dining.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post

You can reserve a specific time but not until you are onboard.

Some ships do not let you reserve until the morning you will be eating; others do. It varies between ships and between itineraries on the same ship.

If you want to eat after about 7:00 pm or 7:15 pm, you probably won't have much of a problem getting a table for two without waiting very long, or you can call that morning for a reservation. You can also call for a reservation for 5:00 or 5:15 pm when they open. Most ships will not take reservations later than opening time until after 7:00 pm or 7:15 pm when the first people have left. If they did so, then they would have to keep the table empty from opening time until your reservation.

The Caribbean Princess has three main dining rooms. The one on deck six aft has two traditional seatings (early and late), so you will not be eating there. The one on deck six midship has an early traditional seating and then opens for anytime dining when the early seating people leave - around 7:00 pm or 7:15 pm. The one on deck five midship is the only one available to you until then. Once the early seating is over and the second dining room opens for anytime, there usually is little to no wait for a table.

Also one other thing you need to consider. Some of the tables for two are very close to other tables for two. If you are seated at one of these, you really don't have a lot of privacy.

If you are just looking for a table for two with some privacy for one dinner, I recommend you talk with the head waiter in the anytime dining room on the previous night. He may be able to work something out for you.

Thank you NavyVeteran, 

That was so kind of you to take the time to answer my question with such a comprehensive and helpful answer!

Your patience and helpfulness is gratefully appreciated

All the best

Hi when you board Caribbean Princess; call the dine line from your stateroom and set up a time.  There is a button on your stateroom phone that goes directly to the dine line.  

Anytime Dining

Fresh and Flexible, Dine Any Time

Just like a restaurant at home, Anytime Dining enables guests the freedom to dine when and with whom they wish, at any time between 5:30 PM and 10 PM. Reservations are available through an onboard dining hotline, but not required, and diners may choose to eat only with their own group, or be seated with other guests. The choice is yours.

Edited by AF-1

On 3/3/2019 at 3:47 AM, AF-1 said:

Hi when you board Caribbean Princess; call the dine line from your stateroom and set up a time.  There is a button on your stateroom phone that goes directly to the dine line.  

Anytime Dining

Fresh and Flexible, Dine Any Time

Just like a restaurant at home, Anytime Dining enables guests the freedom to dine when and with whom they wish, at any time between 5:30 PM and 10 PM. Reservations are available through an onboard dining hotline, but not required, and diners may choose to eat only with their own group, or be seated with other guests. The choice is yours.

Perfect! Thank you so much for taking the time to answer. We are so pleased and amazed at how many people spend their precious time helping others out

On 3/3/2019 at 4:04 AM, cruzsnooze said:

If you want anytime dining without a wait and without a reservation then look at Club Class dining.

Thanks, we will look into that next time. We need to see how the first cruise goes :)