Silver Cloud Roll Calls?

bethtex

Where are the Silver Cloud Roll Calls?  

I am going on the December 10 cruise to Antarctica.  This is our first Silverseas cruise and I would like to connect with others on the cruise.

I tried to set up a roll call, but it doesn't seem to work.

Any suggestions?

Your post is there in the ROLL CALLS -

https://boards.cruisecritic.com.au/topic/2637385-december-10-2019-10-day-antarctica/

Usually  Expedition roll calls are slow,  so it might take time for you to get some replies.

Home >Categories >ROLL CALLS ?Silversea Cruise Line Roll Calls >Silver Cloud >

December 10, 2019 10 day Antarctica

Edited by rojaan19
  • Like 1

I put up roll calls weeks ago for the Silver Whisper on September 3rd...not one single reply from another cruiser. Also they do not always show up and I have to click through several different ways.  I have never had this problem before. Do not know if its something specific to Silversea or if its a Cruise Critic issue. I am hoping it will sort itself out. I have had such good experiences meeting people prior to Seabourne, Windstar and Uniworld cruises

1. Silversea ships are small. Sometimes your roll call will be hopping - we had more than 20 on a Silver Explorer trip 2 years ago. Other times, it's been crickets. In 11 cruises I think we've had 3 or 4 meet the M&M threshold. So if it happes, it's great, and enjoy it. If it doesn't, it's not something you did.

2. Cruise Critic is still apparently having issues with their roll call tool. It's not picking up new roll calls properly, so you can't search for them as easily as you'd like. There is a message posted on most pages which says:

• "Our Roll Call Tool is experiencing technical difficulties; new Roll Calls are not being added to the tool.  Please go "old school" in locating your Roll Call by browsing the specific ship Roll Call forum."

So, your roll call is still there, but it's not being picked up by the tool. When you search for it with the tool, you won't find it. But if you browse the section for your particular ship, it will be there, and people can look for it, reply, etc.

8 hours ago, twoboys said:

I put up roll calls weeks ago for the Silver Whisper on September 3rd...not one single reply from another cruiser. Also they do not always show up and I have to click through several different ways.  I have never had this problem before. Do not know if its something specific to Silversea or if its a Cruise Critic issue.

This is very typical for most SS voyages as the % of SS's 75,000 yearly passengers who use CC is minuscule.  In addition, of those who use CC, not many pay attention to the roll calls, especially when you consider the major issues CC is having with their roll call functionality.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 3/4/2019 at 8:44 PM, Stumblefoot said:

This is very typical for most SS voyages as the % of SS's 75,000 yearly passengers who use CC is minuscule.  In addition, of those who use CC, not many pay attention to the roll calls, especially when you consider the major issues CC is having with their roll call functionality.

It’s also not helped by the lack of communication between SS and CC with Meet & Mingles failing to happen too often.

• Like 1