san francisco Pier 27

Maureenxx

Need info on getting from airport to cruise terminal.  Looks like it's a long trip and shuttles, taxis, etc. seem expensive.  Any locals out there who can help.  Considered using BART and rapid transit.  Is this doable with a lot of walking.

I would UBER.  Yes, you could do BART but with cruise luggage not my best idea.  BART at SFO is in the international terminal so if flying domestic it's a long walk or Air Train ride, again with luggage.  No matter it's a pretty good distance from SFO to the pier (14 miles) and depending on time of day if driving can take awhile.  

Edited by ATSEAMYLIFE

If you look down the board, all the options are discussed frequently. Per Google maps or previous discussions here, the walk from the nearest BART station is a bit over a mile of flat, wide sidewalk.

I agree, I would Uber.

Uber is probably the simplest especially if you are not familiar with the City.  If you have no mobility problems and like to make use of transit then BART is doable.  As noted , the BART station at SFO is a terminus, so seats are readily available.  It is right in the International terminal.   You take it to the Embarcadero station which is the final SF station prior to going under the bay.  From there it is roughly a mile to Pier 27.  Some mini shortcuts for those in the know but easiest is to cross over to the Ferry building and then walk the  flat and wide Embarcadero. You could also BART  to the Embarcadero and then Uber or taxi from there.  I do not recommend the F streetcar as it is not set up for any type of luggage.

• 3 weeks later...