Dining Question

haircut4u

Don't know if this question has been asked, I apologies.

Leaving out of Red Hook is the Golden Loin Pub open on embarkation day?

We know from the past most passengers on boarding except for those in the Grills, head for the Kings Court which becomes challenging. Wanted to try something different for a change.

Appreciate your responses.

14 minutes ago, BklynBoy8 said:

Leaving out of Red Hook is the Golden Loin Pub open on embarkation day?

We successfully ate in the Golden Lion on embarkation day in December. A year or two ago we arrived in the pub just after 2:30 and of course they had stopped serving food at 2:30. If you manage to board in an early group (e.g., you have sufficient status with Cunard - I see that you're Diamond) and/or you head to the Golden Lion before unpacking you shouldn't be disappointed.

Edited by Underwatr

• 1 month later...

On embarkation in March we were directed to the Lido for lunch (like almost everyone else). An empty table was hard to find and the food offerings were also in short supply. We retreated to the Golden Lion and enjoyed a very peaceful lunch.

2 hours ago, grussellt said:

On embarkation in March we were directed to the Lido for lunch (like almost everyone else). An empty table was hard to find and the food offerings were also in short supply. We retreated to the Golden Lion and enjoyed a very peaceful lunch.

Sounds like the move we would try after all the years of heading automatically to the (old/new) Kings Court.

Normally wait till another day, but Golden Lion maybe the ticket. 

13 hours ago, Elephant1151 said:

ON QM2 embarkation day we always go to the Golden Lion as it is less crowded. By the time we have finished lunch all our baggage is usually waiting for us. 

ON QE and QV it is not open on embarkation days.

We went to the Golden Lion on Queen Elizabeth on embarkation on March 9 (a Saturday) in Sydney. It was like a peaceful haven compared to the Lido and the York ham and Cheddar never tasted better!

13 hours ago, Elephant1151 said:

ON QM2 embarkation day we always go to the Golden Lion as it is less crowded. By the time we have finished lunch all our baggage is usually waiting for us. 

We've eaten in the Golden Lion on QV on embarkation day for the last few years. It's been open on sailings from Southampton.

As I am the guy who instigated this Thread I would like to thank you all for the most interesting "answers".  I will be embarking QE and will head for the Golden Lion which is my favourlite lunch venue.

What's the alternative dining like these days?  I was never very impresed with it but it was pleasant.

Keep those messages coming - Garry, Auckland, New Zealand

• Like 1

On 4/27/2019 at 9:08 AM, Elephant1151 said:

Just to Clarify; The Golden Lion Pub is always open 'Across the fleet' when there are sufficient 'In Transit' guests. More often than not this is on QM2 , however, there are  also occasions when there are 'in transit/back to back guests' on the vista class ships too.  

Edited by Bell Boy