Excursions in Roatan??

Trying to decide on a RCCL excursion to the Mayan Princess or another outside tour company to another beach......  Anyone have any suggestions on excursions they have enjoyed while in Roatan> If you have done Mayan Princess what were your experiences?

Thanks

I did Little French Key & it was a fabulous day and the food was good! LFK is back up & running & they do have some animals again. Nice easy places to swim, dive & just hang out. They have a bar. It is about a 20min trip from the boat to get to Frenchy's and then you take a boat over to the island. 

• Like 1

The beach at West Bay is amazing.  You can do snorkeling off right off the beach.  Start at Infinity Bay resort and work your way down to the end by Grand Roatan resort.

17 hours ago, coaster said:

I would look at going to Caye Caulker through local companies outside the excursions offered  by Royal.

Huh?  All the tours I have seen to this island are in Belize, not Roatan

We did Mayan Princess two weeks ago.    Turned out to be a great day, but it wasn't easy.

• There's one road in Roatan, and they are rebuilding it.   So a large portion of it is one way.    If your direction gets stopped, and ours did going there, it is a 1/2 hour delay.
  • Not a ton of beach loungers available.  Also, many roped off specifically for those staying at the resort.
  • A lot of local merchant selling on the beach at all times.  The were respectful, but you had to say no a lot.   THs will be true anywhere along the beach, at any resort there.
  • Don't go for the food.  It was so so at best.
  • We found six loungers by the pool, in a really great spot.    The pool area is secluded and very quiet.   Servers came by regularly to get us drinks, when were included in the package.   The drinks were good.   The pool location was FANTASTIC.
  • The pool is only about 30 paces from the beach, so real easy to enjoy.   MAY BE THE BEST BEACH I'VE EVER BEEN ON.   Even better than Hawaii.
  • All in all a very relaxing day, just a few obstacles in the way.   Some on the bus (not in our group) go pissed going there and grumbled all the way there and back.