Margaritaville Breakfast?

Loreni

22 minutes ago, Loreni said:

I found a menu showing a very nice breakfast at Margaritaville, but it was a few years old.  

Is is it still being served on all/any ships?

There is no menu for Margaritaville breakfast. It is a cheap overflow extension of the buffet 1 deck below. Post 64 on the link below shows the Margaritaville breakfast buffet on the Getaway. 

• Thanks 1

Just off the Bliss.  There was a great small complimentary breakfast buffet at the Margaritaville there.  DH loved the breakfast sandwiches.  No crowds like the main buffet and easy to get a table.  They also had bagels, pastries, hash browns, cold cereal, fruit cups, yogurt and some nice crispy bacon:classic_biggrin:

You can also use Margaritaville for overflow seating if you want the variety of the main buffet. Get your food downstairs and then walk one flight up. Utensils, coffee and juice available upstairs so you only need to carry your plate of food.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Loreni said:

I found a menu showing a very nice breakfast at Margaritaville, but it was a few years old.  

Is is it still being served on all/any ships?

Yep. I enjoyed it on the Escape too.

A minimal selection as was posted above but very nice.

I enjoyed the comfortable, outside setting with comfortable seating and no crowd.

A couple of days I stopped there on my way back from the gym at around 7:30am and had some coffee and relaxed before going back for a shower.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bkrickles1 said:

Yep. I enjoyed it on the Escape too.

A minimal selection as was posted above but very nice.

I enjoyed the comfortable, outside setting with comfortable seating and no crowd.

A couple of days I stopped there on my way back from the gym at around 7:30am and had some coffee and relaxed before going back for a shower.

Will be on the Escape in 9 days. I will have to check this out.

5 minutes ago, luv2cruise523 said:

Will be on the Escape in 9 days. I will have to check this out.

You'll love the Escape.

We were on it this past July and had a fun time.

I'd say the only downside is that the pool area is ridiculously small.

With that in mind, as long as you don't have to be right next to the pool, there are plenty of very nice areas to relax with amenities and you're still only a minute walk to the pool. Check out deck 19 right outside of Vibe. My favorite spot on sea days.

BTW another decent alternative for breakfast is O'Sheehans.

One morning I did breakfast at O'Sheehans and then did 2nd breakfast (Lol) with my wife, daughter and 2 nieces in the dining room. And this was all after my pre-breakfast at Margaritaville early in the morning. It is vacation and I did do 90 minutes in the gym every day.....

Have fun!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, bkrickles1 said:

You'll love the Escape.

With that in mind, as long as you don't have to be right next to the pool, there are plenty of very nice areas to relax with amenities and you're still only a minute walk to the pool. Check out deck 19 right outside of Vibe. My favorite spot on sea days.

One morning I did breakfast at O'Sheehans and then did 2nd breakfast (Lol) with my wife, daughter and 2 nieces in the dining room. And this was all after my pre-breakfast at Margaritaville early in the morning. It is vacation and I did do 90 minutes in the gym every day.....

Have fun!

Thank you so much for taking the time to give some insight on your experience on the ESCAPE. 

This will be our 10th cruise(Celebrity, Costa, RC) 4th on NCL (Breakaway  x2, Spirit).

Cruising with DH, 18yo son and 16yo daughter. We are so looking forward to getting away from this seemingly never ending Winter here in the Northeast.

I enjoy the quiet tucked away outdoor space where I can read, think, and just enjoy the sounds of the sea.

8 minutes ago, luv2cruise523 said:

Thank you so much for taking the time to give some insight on your experience on the ESCAPE. 

This will be our 10th cruise(Celebrity, Costa, RC) 4th on NCL (Breakaway  x2, Spirit).

Cruising with DH, 18yo son and 16yo daughter. We are so looking forward to getting away from this seemingly never ending Winter here in the Northeast.

I enjoy the quiet tucked away outdoor space where I can read, think, and just enjoy the sounds of the sea.

Fortunately, it's been a mild winter.

We had my 18yo daughter along with my 19 and 21yo nieces and they had a great time too.

They (and me too) enjoyed the water slides and ropes course and also liked the grotto at spice H2O.

There's lots of great space up top to hang out and the Waterfront is another outstanding feature during the day or at night.

We were on the Breakaway this past January and had breakfast at Margaritaville several times. DH loved the omelette station and I had my toasted english muffin with orange marmalade. Oh, the coffee there was really good too.

Margaritaville had a nice, sit-down served breakfast for exactly ONE cruise - the Inaugural Transatlantic on the Escape (the defunct menu is below.). It now just has overflow from the buffet. It's a great spot to dine though.  I will forever miss this menu. I had breakfast here most of they days on the Transatlantic. This is when it was still a complimentary venue.

C3FC0E0D-51C2-4BB8-8073-8764EA97F3C9_zpsewrekaky.JPG

9 hours ago, blcruising said:

You can also use Margaritaville for overflow seating if you want the variety of the main buffet. Get your food downstairs and then walk one flight up. Utensils, coffee and juice available upstairs so you only need to carry your plate of food.

Yes, we love the fresh air at sea so taking a plate with more selections from the regular buffet upstairs is a great idea for Escape and 'Away' ships.  Nice place to start your day🌞

However this won't work on the Bliss as the regular buffet is moved to the front of the ship and Margaritaville is still Aft.   

1 hour ago, CozGurl said:

Breakfast is served daily on the Breakaway ... Do I have that right?

Yes, in addition - a continential (light) breakfast can be ordered overnight for stateroom delivery, complimentary with no charges, for a 30 minutes chosen window between 6 and 10 a.m. (except disembarkation morning) - several hot items are available for a flat fee of $7.95 per room order.  We usually do a small cash tip directly for the service.  

We only order this when we are staying in a balcony (or higher) as there is a little more room, and the sofabed to sit on - space is at a premium for Insides & Oceanviews, not much space either outside a regular balcony - 2 chairs & a micro-sized end table, good for 2 coffee cups only, if you can balance the plate on your lap.  

On 3/8/2019 at 7:45 AM, bkrickles1 said:

You'll love the Escape.

Have fun!

Secondity breakfast is my favorite part of cruising.  Of course DW finds my hobbit breakfast routine endearing.  

I eat the Margaritaville breakfast every day, now four years in a row when we cruise (Escape and Bliss).   Great atmosphere, quiet, great views from the floor to ceiling windows.  Yogurt, breakfast sandwiches, eggs, sausage and bacon, breads, cereals, fruit.  So much more relaxed than the buffet.  And while there are a ton of more options in the restaurants and buffet, I enjoy the simplicity and quality of the food in Margaritaville.   Love it, great way to start my day!

• Like 1