Cheers Question

4 minutes ago, theboatahoy said:

Just don't be too obvious about what you're doing and nobody will know/care. I've done it quite a bit and have never had a problem. 

It’s because of people like you they raised the Cheers price last year and will likely do it again in the future. I have talked to the  Beverage Manager at several D&P parties and they closely track the total number of drinks passengers order on the Cheers program. Every time you give a drink to someone else, you increase the odds of the next Cheers price raise happening sooner than later. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, coevan said:

Until you get your Cheers revoked and i can see you at guest services yelling and screaming.  If i were sitting next to you at the bar, i would turn you in, cheater. 

I have only seen two passengers have their Cheers revoked. Both times it was for sharing drinks and continuing to do so after being told not to do it by a bartender. Once was the last day on a three day cruise on Liberty, so not too big a loss for the passenger. The other time was day two on a seven day cruise on Magic. 

• Like 1

Obviously I'm not talking about copious amounts of drinks, and I get the reasoning as to why they don't want you to share; however, I also work in the hospitality industry, and with markup and such, one drink really isn't going to do much as far as overall cost goes. I probably won't even find anyone I want to get a drink for hahaha. It was honestly out of curiosity that I asked. I see there are some very strong opinions on the matter.

Edited by jessmarieislove

21 hours ago, momof3cruisers said:

You can BUY them a drink. But you can't use the Cheers program to get one for them for free.

It is certainly not free- it is $60 per day for 15 drinks. It doubt Carnival will notice if anyone passes off one drink to someone else. 

13 hours ago, jessmarieislove said:

Obviously I'm not talking about copious amounts of drinks, and I get the reasoning as to why they don't want you to share; however, I also work in the hospitality industry, and with markup and such, one drink really isn't going to do much as far as overall cost goes. I probably won't even find anyone I want to get a drink for hahaha. It was honestly out of curiosity that I asked. I see there are some very strong opinions on the matter.

Carnival has 12 million people cruise with them a year. If half buy cheers and half of those feel entitled to share their package, you are talking about a handful of drinks times 3 million people. Yes, I think the cost could be substantial and worth them caring.