Navigator Amplified in Photos

Pub

The pub was also refreshed with new chairs, resurfacing the floor and new modern ceiling fans.  

xvYLEWm.jpg

Dpp3Khd.jpg

I think Playmakers has had an impact on the pub.  It is still a popular spot when live musicians are playing but many times on this cruise it's been mostly empty while Playmakers is packed.

To Dry For

A new feature and first on the fleet is the Blow Dry Salon located in the deck 5 Promenade.

For those that don't know the Vitality Spa is outsourced to a company called Steiner Leisure.  They staff and operate many different spas on many different cruise lines.   'To Dry For' is also staffed by Steiner employees and the regular Vitality offerings that have existed up to this point remain.  

Reservations recommend especially for formal nights.

FoXgUL0.jpg

OUmMiTN.jpg

D14KjxR.jpg

MJVx0W5.jpg

UdHnFn2.jpg

GOguR9k.jpg

7LDz4PJ.jpg

0R2htzE.jpg

tKTVQam.jpg

eU6xIzb.jpg

Mffdbvh.jpg

Mci8mnp.jpg

mG9gqje.jpg

X3B42wR.jpg

• Like 1

Cafe Promenade serves illy brand coffee. 

A0fJKCa.jpg

Here is the menu:

VusYzXf.jpg

Smoothies are covered by the Refreshment and Deluxe beverage packages but they are made with the same syrups used to make frozen drinks and not real fruit.

CocaCola Freestyle drink dispensers next to Cafe Promenade:

C3Xfp4f.jpg

iSkate

I always take in the skating shows and iSkate did not disappoint.

It starts with drones much like on Symphony.  It's hard to capture the drones in still photos because they are choreographed and fly in sync and formation which can only be experienced live in person.  

SuE3hMv.jpg

SYADR0h.jpg

n3YcvNh.jpg

s7rCF7k.jpg

aAoH3Xl.jpg

z3hFOad.jpg

cWa2uFb.jpg

TCIEyrb.jpg

mMfEdDL.jpg

S9bNm1L.jpg

encBe1m.jpg

New to Navigator that I don't remember from Symphony is a segment where a lone skater performs with a single drone.  They move in coordination and perform together.  Set to strings of a solitary violin it is really well done. 

LfyYf4v.jpg

It ends with the drone lowering into the hands of the skater.

1Ledi3v.jpg

R25blfh.jpg

While Navigator does not have the 'Ice-a-rama" projection system like Symphony that projects video onto the ice surface it's a very engaging show and this cast nailed it perfectly.

GNIJphD.jpg

of19QPb.jpg

KpiXmod.jpg

RNOqaxM.jpg

Diamond Lounge

Now located on deck 5 forward.

HCPwevw.jpg

uRHUMEn.jpg

jhyi1XS.jpg

iS2l0zB.jpg

3NJoxLP.jpg

FZYC6YN.jpg

NaeafNF.jpg

W6EC6Dp.jpg

Diamond happy hour overflows into the Star Lounge:

A91w2ma.jpg

4jwtzet.jpg

qfSn6gu.jpg

KI0XPX2.jpg

xDe5X4q.jpg

This may not be popular, but I think it was smart to move the Diamond Club down to deck 5. 

The Viking Crown Lounge is free for public use nightly now since the Diamond happy hour overflow is now into the Star Lounge.  The port side aft elevators that service deck 14 and the Viking Crown Lounge are not packed with Diamond members trying to reach deck 14 during happy hour. 

The Star Lounge and Diamond Club has more comfortable seating.  The only thing absent of course are the views.  However with sun setting early evening that is really not a huge issue and with happy hour drink coupons loaded on Diamond SeaPass cards it's easy enough to enjoy a few drinks in the Viking Crown Lounge (which now has seats available) then move down the Diamond Club after dinner.  

It's a better overall use of both spaces.

• Like 1

Even the Viking Crown Lounge has been refreshed.

QbLB1xd.jpg

0r4PfHI.jpg

x1kwxXu.jpg

As a point of reference these photos were taken just before 7pm which is still within the Diamond happy hour yet the Lounge isn't packed and being enjoyed by guests who came up here to see the remains of the day.  Proof positive that moving the Diamond Lounge down to deck 5 has had an impact on the Viking Crown Lounge and it now can be enjoyed by all guests in these early evening hours.

DwFhHGI.jpg

xMNzmM3.jpg

bYxxbOV.jpg

The pool deck as seen from the Viking Crown Lounge.  

kIJsbpt.jpg

• Like 2

The Metropolis Theater is no more.  Like other ships the fleet is moving to the standard branding of "Royal Theater"

xPqg4WS.jpg

The theater got more than just a new name.  Some new tech was installed and the theater received some TLC like all public venues did during the refresh.

tbyz033.jpg

New Voom login pages.  

An option for guests with no Voom plan who want to use the app and for guests who purchase Voom onboard it now uses a 4 digit pin instead of a password.

Q6IQaOi.jpg
PC440bs.jpg

If you have logged into a paid Voom plan and reached your limit on the number of devices it knows that but now gives you the option of kicking the other devices off and switch devices:

hkr7GfT.jpg

Once connected:

3AOe3da.jpg

Same old satellite internet platform, just new Voom login screens.

Over the course of the cruise I never used 'logout.com' and just hit the "Switch Devices" button when moving between devices. 

Interior Cabin with Virtual Balcony deck 9, cabin 9597.

o8D3ekC.jpg

New cabin TV's with the newer menu system like Symphony has.

4zcs0H9.jpg

Incredible bathroom update for an interior cabin:

B3enSU2.jpg

Just kidding, that was my hotel the night before the cruise.  Here is the untouched bathroom:

xhLpNWK.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Bridge Tour

New navigation technology was added to Navigator during the refresh including the Oceanstar system.  This system has the ability of receiving signals from three GPS type systems, the US GPS constellation, the European Galileo constellation and the Russian GLONASS constellation.  By combining the three system there is improved resiliency and accuracy.  The positioning system can hold the ship to within 1m of target.   

The central cockpit.

C1laoex.jpg

ekxMXsh.jpg

Z8QKFRT.jpg

PrWyNmz.jpg

Here you can see the vaulted ceiling behind the cockpit that used to contain the windows for the Peak-A-Boo-Bridge.

gl4rBIR.jpg

8wpTHHk.jpg

The bridge wing station.

ZHNZKhe.jpg

The view forward and the forward facing camera for the virtual balcony system near the top of the window.

skelq2N.jpg

• Like 1

WOW! Thank you for amazing photos! I was just listening to a podcast about Navigator Pool deck & it really is so cool. I was excited for my upcoming cruise on Mariner but now I wish I was sailing Navigator. I am really interested in Hooked as well. The whole ship looks brand new, and as a lowely Gold, I am thrilled everyone has access to the Vicking Crown, that was my favorite place at night on my Freedom cruise.     Great review!!

Edited by Jax129
  • Thanks 1

Even though I've already seen all these photos elsewhere it's really good to see them all again grouped together like you've done here. Thanks again for sharing. You're photos are awesome. 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wow!  The Navigator was our first RCCL ship and hooked us from that very cruise.  The pictures are beautiful. Thank you for posting.  I am now looking  at when we can take a cruise on the Navigator this year. 

Thanks again for posting!

• Thanks 1