Boarding Time Carnival

Duwayne

Has anyone sailed Carnival out of NOLA lately and, if so, has there been any change to the time boarding starts?  I booked on the 3/31 sailing about 3 months ago and the earliest arrival time they offered was 12:30-1:00.  I got FTTF but they still keep sending me things saying to be sure I stick to my scheduled time.  I've never had this happen before after buying FTTF.  I usually show up at 10:00 with FTTF and either get right on or wait in a designated area for a short time.  Just wondering if anyone had recent experience with this.  Thanks.

I believe, based on my personal experience and reading other threads in the Carnival board here, that with FTTF you can just show up when you want. You still have to pick a check-in time, but because of FTTF you are not held to it. The FTTF logo on your check-in documents are sufficient to get in the terminal.

• Like 1

On 3/16/2019 at 9:05 PM, Saint Greg said:

I had 11:30-12:00 on my two in the fall.

Did they hold you to that or did you show up early?  Did you have fttf?

Edited by Duwayne
Forgot to ask.

6 minutes ago, Duwayne said:

Did they hold you to that or did you show up early?  Did you have fttf?

I didn’t have fttf. I showed up on time. They change the procedure every time I go. In August they were letting on time people in an entrance with no line...and holding early people in a very long line at another entrance. In December everyone was going in the same entrance but the line moved fast and we got right on the ship.

Just now, Saint Greg said:

I didn’t have fttf. I showed up on time. They change the procedure every time I go. In August they were letting on time people in an entrance with no line...and holding early people in a very long line at another entrance. In December everyone was going in the same entrance but the line moved fast and we got right on the ship.

Thanks.  I've always just gotten right on with fttf and I think I'm just going to go with that and show up early---otherwise what's the point of having it?

Cruised NYE out of NOLA... Platinum but FTTF is similar.  We arrived at 10:45am for an 11:30 assigned time.  We were  in the Platinum waiting lounge by 10:50am and on the ship by 11:15am (they said that was one of the earliest clearances for boarding in a while).  FTTF and suite holders loaded just after us.

We always get the kids FTTF when they cruise with us.  Find that sweet spot in timing where you can get right in with that little PRIORITY symbol on your boarding pass, but not have to wait forever in the upper lobbies waiting to board the ship.  10:45am or so has always worked well for us.  Weather can throw a complete kink into this tho, so be prepared...

I got an 11:30 a.m. check-in time on Carnival out of NOLA.  I do not have FTTF.  I have been checking the website to see if it will become available.  We are 88 days away.  Now, I am wondering since I got the 11:30 a.m. check-in time if FTTF is even worth it.  What do you guys think?  I have two teens and a husband in his 40's, so no physical limitations.  

1 hour ago, EllisEnchanted said:

I got an 11:30 a.m. check-in time on Carnival out of NOLA.  I do not have FTTF.  I have been checking the website to see if it will become available.  We are 88 days away.  Now, I am wondering since I got the 11:30 a.m. check-in time if FTTF is even worth it.  What do you guys think?  I have two teens and a husband in his 40's, so no physical limitations.  

You have the 11:30 time and what for boarding zone? I'm trying to figure out the order for this same reason. Maybe someone could correct me if I'm wrong but I believe it would be:

Specials (weddings are only I know of that go on first as specials)

Plat/diamond

Suites

FTTF

A1

A2...

(rest of A's in order)

B1

B2 and so on.

I was debating on getting the FTTF for june cruise (surprisingly available) but with an A1 it'd be a waste I'd think. Can anyone confirm/deny this?

They change the process every time. I was there in August and they were letting on time people in one entrance with no line and early arrivals were in another loooong line at another entrance. We sat in zones and boarded. In December I went back and they had everyone in the same longer line..but it moved pretty quick and we didn't sit in zones. We just boarded. I'm not plat yet and i've never bought FTTF so I don't know how much earlier they start letting those people on.

I also don’t know what to expect since this is all new to us. We leave late April, no FTTF but in a suite. Got a check in time of 11:30/12:00, zone A-1.  Plan to park in the port garage. WhAt time should we get there cuz I read on another forum about the garage being full by 11:30

Edited by Pattywac
Spelling

• 1 month later...
On 3/10/2019 at 3:32 PM, Duwayne said:

Has anyone sailed Carnival out of NOLA lately and, if so, has there been any change to the time boarding starts?  I booked on the 3/31 sailing about 3 months ago and the earliest arrival time they offered was 12:30-1:00.  I got FTTF but they still keep sending me things saying to be sure I stick to my scheduled time.  I've never had this happen before after buying FTTF.  I usually show up at 10:00 with FTTF and either get right on or wait in a designated area for a short time.  Just wondering if anyone had recent experience with this.  Thanks.

I'm sailing at the end of May out of NOLA and purchased FTTF and am having the same exact question. How did it end up going for you?

On 5/5/2019 at 5:30 AM, opensaysme said:

I'm sailing at the end of May out of NOLA and purchased FTTF and am having the same exact question. How did it end up going for you?

I had intended to do what I usually do in Florida and get to the docks about 10 AM. We got hung up at our hotel for a while and didn’t actually leave for the port until after 10. We got to the port at about 10;40 and got checked in pretty quickly and started moving through the building to the waiting area. As we arrived on the upper floor they were announcing that FTTP was boarding. We literally walked around the perimeter of the room and got in the line and right on the ship. I didn’t check the time right then but I am pretty sure it was before 11 o’clock. I heard other folks saying later that this had been an early embarkation for them though, that normally they don’t start boarding until noon. I guess it depends on when they dock and how fast the other folks get off the ship. I hope this helps.

• Like 1

On 5/6/2019 at 8:42 AM, Duwayne said:

I had intended to do what I usually do in Florida and get to the docks about 10 AM. We got hung up at our hotel for a while and didn’t actually leave for the port until after 10. We got to the port at about 10;40 and got checked in pretty quickly and started moving through the building to the waiting area. As we arrived on the upper floor they were announcing that FTTP was boarding. We literally walked around the perimeter of the room and got in the line and right on the ship. I didn’t check the time right then but I am pretty sure it was before 11 o’clock. I heard other folks saying later that this had been an early embarkation for them though, that normally they don’t start boarding until noon. I guess it depends on when they dock and how fast the other folks get off the ship. I hope this helps.

Yes! Thank you so much for your response!