Require Hotel room for 3 adults,one night pre cruise

Arzeena

Look for a room with 2 queen beds, if 2 of you can sleep together.  DO NOT book a room with 2 queens and ask to have a rollaway - many hotels will not due the rollaway in that room due to egress issues in an emergency (some local laws actually prohibit).   And, please book for the number of beds you need; I can't tell you how many times someone books a room with 1 King bed and shows up at the hotel with their family of 4 and asks to be changed to another type of room (I had this the other week - hotel fully booked, dad shows up for a conference with a 1 King, but has his wife and THREE kids in tow!!!):classic_ohmy:

Also, look at something like Residence Inn - studios or 1 bedroom suites have a King bed and a sofa sleeper.

On 3/12/2019 at 2:03 PM, slidergirl said:

Look for a room with 2 queen beds, if 2 of you can sleep together.  DO NOT book a room with 2 queens and ask to have a rollaway - many hotels will not due the rollaway in that room due to egress issues in an emergency (some local laws actually prohibit).   And, please book for the number of beds you need; I can't tell you how many times someone books a room with 1 King bed and shows up at the hotel with their family of 4 and asks to be changed to another type of room (I had this the other week - hotel fully booked, dad shows up for a conference with a 1 King, but has his wife and THREE kids in tow!!!):classic_ohmy:

Also, look at something like Residence Inn - studios or 1 bedroom suites have a King bed and a sofa sleeper.

THIS!!

Especially in Miami Beach!  They are older hotels from the 1920s-1950s and some rooms are so small, you cannot fit two beds in the room.  In some South Beach hotels, two queen beds in the room is actually an upgrade from a standard room.

If you're not worried about being at the beach, the Residence Inn Miami airport location might work. It's a campus of 3 hotels, a Marriott, a Courtyard and the Residence Inn (which has studios, one and two bedroom suites.) You can then take a shuttle for something like $10 per person to the port in the morning. Residence Inn also includes breakfast, and there are restaurants either in walking distance (Catch of the Day is quite good) or at one of the other properties on the campus. We have stayed at all three properties and like the Residence Inn the best.

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/miaas-residence-inn-miami-airport/

Keep in mind a suite even at a modest hotel is usually 2x higher, if not more, than a standard room. You may be better off just reserving 2 rooms. No worrying about finding a room type that works and may not even be guaranteed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk