Do sold-out excursions on Allure open up once on board?

We've been trying to decide on which excursion to take when we go on Allure next week and visit Cozumel. We finally picked one we've been iffy on for weeks and I went on the cruise planner to book it tonight - and it's gone 😞 . It was there yesterday. My guess is that it's full. I'm so so so so bummed. I guess it didn't even occur to me as a possibility that it could get booked up and disappear as an option from the cruise planner.

So is my family completely out of luck or do any slots for these excursions open up once we get on board? Typical that this happened right after we finally told the kids about it and showed them videos. 

Any advice? 

18 hours ago, fl-girl said:

We've been trying to decide on which excursion to take when we go on Allure next week and visit Cozumel. We finally picked one we've been iffy on for weeks and I went on the cruise planner to book it tonight - and it's gone 😞 . It was there yesterday. My guess is that it's full. I'm so so so so bummed. I guess it didn't even occur to me as a possibility that it could get booked up and disappear as an option from the cruise planner.

So is my family completely out of luck or do any slots for these excursions open up once we get on board? Typical that this happened right after we finally told the kids about it and showed them videos. 

Any advice? 

You could find a private tour/excursion operator,  good chance it would be much cheaper.  A lot of them are family run with back to the ship on time guarantees. 

On our last Freedom cruise, we wanted a specific excursion from Royal's website for four people on Grand Cayman. Our thinking was that we would get priority getting off the ship/tendering. We couldn't book for four people online, and when we called, they told us bookings were full. We booked a different excursion through the ship instead (online), but checked at the excursion desk after boarding and they were able to transfer us to the excursion we originally wanted. We had to pay the difference in price (it was more than the one we'd booked, and on top of that the price was maybe $10 more booking on board).

I would check with the excursion desk as soon as you can after boarding and see what they can do. Can't hurt to ask.