Infinity or Equinox

cat29

We are looking at cruises for 2020 and have not cruised Celebrity before.  There are two identical itineraries on the same week.  One is on the Infinity and one is on the Equinox.  The Infinity cruise is about $500 less than the Equinox.  Is it worth the extra money?  We do not typically eat at specialty restaurants and just want a relaxing time with good food and good service.  Thanks for any help!

Infinity is an older M class ship.  Equinox is a a newer (2009) S class ship.  We like both classes of ship and are in fact sailing on Infinity to the Med in May.  S Class are more modern and glitzy ships.  Concierge cabins on M class are slightly larger than a standard balcony cabin and on S Class they are the same size.  I would choose Infinity to save $500.00, but I'm sure others will disagree and recommend the more modern Equinox.  Go to youtube and watch some videos of the two ships to get a better of idea.

I was just a bit concerned by recent reviews saying Infinity was too run down?  The quality of food is the most important to my DH - is the quality pretty even across ships?  I know each has it's own chef and staff but overall is it something I should consider when choosing a ship on Celebrity?

5 hours ago, 2+2 said:

I was on a recent Equinox cruise and was not able to flush the toilet on two seperate occasions for about an hour each time. Just saying. 

Although annoying and certainly inconvenient for 2 hours of your cruise, I would tend to say this wouldn't be a valid reason to exclude sailing on Equinox.

• Like 2

One is out of Miami and the other is Ft Lauderdale. Ft Lauderdale is less expensive to fly to for us but I know we can get a shuttle to and between there and the  Miami port for about $30 a person so that really isn't a big factor. Good point to consider though...thanks!

Love both ships... all things being equal I’d choose Equinox but if Infinity is $500 cheaper I’d be all over that.  Sailing Infinity for a similar reason this week, I’ll throughly enjoy myself 😁

The infinitely is a nice ship.   We have 2 cruises booked on it and it is because of the lower cost.   

The infinity doesn’t have the little extra that the Equinox has.   The balconies are shallow and the bathrooms in the cabins are like those in the old RV and travel trailers.  

If you are in AQ the Persian Gardens isn’t as nice as the one on the Equinox but that is a minor issue and isn’t one unless in Aqua Class but not worth $500.  

Some like the pool in the Solarium better on the Infinity.

Other than a few little things everything else is about the same and we enjoy both.  

The Infinity is a fine classy ship that isn’t a amusement park and I think you will enjoy it.

happy crusing 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

We faced this same dilemma, but booked the Equinox in the end.  There was only a $50 difference when we booked, and we were going to be in Ft. Lauderdale anyway. 

We we will miss the thalassotherapy pool on the M class.