Impressions of a first time Azamara cruiser

Stelvio69

We've been "late" for our last two White Nights, (DH gratefully rec'd the last lobster off the grill) and have been delighted to sit at tables on deck 10.  This allowed us to tarry later in port, yet still join the fun.  Somehow, the conga line manages to find its way upstairs and everyone is made to feel part of the party.

This discussion might make my decision easier.  I've been torn because ours is likely to be in Bermuda and they are holding Harbor Nights - first of the season, on Front St, Hamilton on our first night there, and the second night we wanted to have dinner with friends. I'm thinking we will probably skip it now.  It doesn't sound quite as appealing.

Our Azamazing Evening is in Charleston and sounds fun.  A USO show on the USS Yorktown!

I am on the same sailing as Cyber Cat....first time on Azamara for me and reading some of these posts? Yikes.:classic_sad:I have been looking forward to White Night but I am certainly not looking forward to being confronted by what would be adults who are acting like "high schooler's" looking for a table:classic_ohmy::classic_rolleyes::classic_wacko:

Is  there a bar at the pool? I sail solo and would be just fine sitting by myself with a plate of food and

a drink.  Or maybe I need to eat in the dining room and go to the pool deck after dinner. 

5 minutes ago, Lois R said:

I am on the same sailing as Cyber Cat....first time on Azamara for me and reading some of these posts? Yikes.:classic_sad:I have been looking forward to White Night but I am certainly not looking forward to being confronted by what would be adults who are acting like "high schooler's" looking for a table:classic_ohmy::classic_rolleyes::classic_wacko:

Is  there a bar at the pool? I sail solo and would be just fine sitting by myself with a plate of food and

a drink.

There is but they set its tables out for White Nights and these are quite popular ones so often are taken early on

3 minutes ago, uktog said:

There is but they set its tables out for White Nights and these are quite popular ones so often are taken early on

There is a bar but you cannot sit at it? Not sure I understand.  If I want to try the buffet, can't I eat at the bar?

Loud, I really don't think you need to worry. White Night is great fun especially if it's a new experience for you and you are sailing solo. The bar servers are everywhere with the free drinks on White Night and I have never experienced "high schooler's" causing a problem. Yes, you have to get there early for a good table but you could easily join a table with spare seats. 

I would say you will have fun dancing and enjoying the music, food and general fun. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Lottie A said:

Loud, I really don't think you need to worry. White Night is great fun especially if it's a new experience for you and you are sailing solo. The bar servers are everywhere with the free drinks on White Night and I have never experienced "high schooler's" causing a problem. Yes, you have to get there early for a good table but you could easily join a table with spare seats. 

I would say you will have fun dancing and enjoying the music, food and general fun. 

Hi Lottie, thanks for the reply...…..you must have been typing fast, it is Lois:classic_biggrin:, but I have been told I can be loud.:classic_wink:

7 minutes ago, Lois R said:

There is a bar but you cannot sit at it? Not sure I understand.  If I want to try the buffet, can't I eat at the bar?

They keep the bar clear of guests if at all possible until about 8.30 because that is where the bar severs are working the tables from.  

Edited by uktog

2 minutes ago, Lois R said:

The bar area is very busy with the servers on White Night. Of course you could sit at the bar there but you would be in their way and it wouldn't be relaxing for you. There is lots of space on Deck 9 and 10, especially for a single person. 

20 minutes ago, Lois R said:

I guess I will decide after I board the ship and see how things go.

Thats the best idea.

You also want to be influenced by the weather - if its a wonderful warm night the disadvantages can be offset by enjoying life outside, but if it is lukewarm or breezy there may be merit in eating elsewhere.  I would also look at the menu for the White Night Buffet that is posted outside Windows Cafe during the day of the event.  If the live cooking stations appeal and the range of food being offered is wide, that is more likely to make us consider going than if, as happened recently, the list of items was very ordinary and no lobster.