Allure Oceanview balcony room vs Boardwalk balcony

Dinda

For an Eastern Caribbean cruise trying to decide between an Oceanview balcony room or a Boardwalk balcony room.   Pros and Cons for each please.  Just worried the Boardwalk balcony rooms will be noisy at night.  

1 minute ago, Dinda said:

For an Eastern Caribbean cruise trying to decide between an Oceanview balcony room or a Boardwalk balcony room.   Pros and Cons for each please.  Just worried the Boardwalk balcony rooms will be noisy at night.  

Have not stayed in a Boardwalk balcony cabin yet, but my concerns would be lack of any privacy at all (not that an ocean view balcony is super private, BTW), potentially noisy from below, and potential lack of a breeze, and potential for too much light coming in (if that might bother you).  Just my observations from watching and reading reviews. 

I've had both on Oasis.  We did an outside balcony, and we did a boardwalk balcony.  Loved both.  We're doing a boardwalk balcony on our upcoming Allure cruise.  

On Oasis and Allure, they don't yet have the slides so there isn't an obstructed view.  Slides will go in during their respective dry docks.  We like the very far aft balconies, deck 9 to 11.  It gives a great view of the Aqua Theater and of the ship's wake.  So you get the best of both worlds in my opinion.  Yes, people on decks across the boardwalk can see you.  That didn't bother me.  I'm not out there naked or anything.  And nobody is looking at me anyway -- they're enjoying the boardwalk, theater, or the sea!  I worried about noise, but here's the thing -- the noise is there if you have the door open and something is going on in the Aqua Theater.  That doesn't go on super late at night... and honestly, with the door closed you don't hear a thing.  You can't leave the door propped open for the breeze because it shuts your AC off.  And the cost of the boardwalk vs. ocean balcony was worth it for me -- with the savings, i pay for extras (special dinner, internet, drinks, etc).

Edited by Sherri914
  • Like 1

We did try Boardwalk Balcony cabins for our extended family...great location the last 4 aft on deck #9 portside. Got them at an amazing price point when bookings first opened for Harmony. Would we do this category again.....probably not...we thought this category would be fun...that wore off quickly...lack of privacy and the late night noise from the Aqua Theater when they played movies and the yelling kids climbing on the rope type jungle gym (Luckey Climber) as their oblivious parents sat in the bar until late at night.

Edited by Ashland

We don’t spend enough time sitting out on our balcony to justify the difference in price between the BW or CP balconies and an Oceanview.  We do however like the amount of natural light and fresh air they provide so we generally choose a neighbourhood balcony.  The free soda packages and dinner at Johnny Rockets is also a nice perk.  

• Like 1