amsterdam cruise terminal to airport

we have everything figured out prior to our cruise ie: getting from airport to hotel

pre cruise using train to central station then walking with luggage to double tree

hotel .but can someone answer the best way from cruise terminal to airport on

the day cruise ends to make a noon flight home

8 minutes ago, gfargo53 said:

we have everything figured out prior to our cruise ie: getting from airport to hotel

pre cruise using train to central station then walking with luggage to double tree

I ended up just buying the cruise line's transfer from ship to airport.  After the cruise, I really just wanted an easy solution.  I arranged for it on the ship and paid for it as part of my on-board expenses.  Not sure it was the  least expensive solution.  But it was easy.

1 minute ago, MeHeartCruising said:

I ended up just buying the cruise line's transfer from ship to airport.  After the cruise, I really just wanted an easy solution.  I arranged for it on the ship and paid for it as part of my on-board expenses.  Not sure it was the  least expensive solution.  But it was easy.

that is wonderful news hopefully we can do the same while on-board

thanks for the quick answer

1 minute ago, gfargo53 said:

that is wonderful news hopefully we can do the same while on-board

thanks for the quick answer

I don't think I've ever been on a cruise that didn't offer a transfer to the airport (for a fee) at the end of the cruise.  The one issue is that they won't sell them to you if your flight is sooner than they can guarantee getting you there.  I'm not sure what time you arrive or what time the cutoff time is for that airport.  Hopefully someone else will come along with those details.  

20 hours ago, gfargo53 said:

Walk to Centraal Station or take tramnr 26 to CS, frequent trains from there to the airport. https://www.ns.nl/en

Edited by Ine

1 hour ago, gfargo53 said:

how far is the walk from cruise terminal to train station

Not far, you can see CS from the cruise terminal. About 15/20 minutes, it will get you to the northern entrance of the station. Just follow the water.

Check google maps, you will see what I mean.

Edited by Ine

14 hours ago, Ine said:

Not far, you can see CS from the cruise terminal. About 15/20 minutes, it will get you to the northern entrance of the station. Just follow the water.

Check google maps, you will see what I mean.

How about walking from where the river cruise ships (AmaStella) usually tie up to Centraal?

31 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

How about walking from where the river cruise ships (AmaStella) usually tie up to Centraal?

About 10 minutes or less. Again, just walk along the water, and come into the north entrance of Centraal.

However, you have to be sure where you are docking, because with more and more cruise ships (and no proprietary docks for most lines) you might not be that close.

Edited by gnome12

37 minutes ago, gnome12 said:

About 10 minutes or less. Again, just walk along the water, and come into the north entrance of Centraal.

However, you have to be sure where you are docking, because with more and more cruise ships (and no proprietary docks for most lines) you might not be that close.

Thanks... I understand that the river boats may tie up in different locations depending on the volume of traffic.  Seems likely though that we ought not have too much of a walk to the train station.  Also, don’t have to worry about trekking uphill!

17 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

Thanks... I understand that the river boats may tie up in different locations depending on the volume of traffic.  Seems likely though that we ought not have too much of a walk to the train station.  Also, don’t have to worry about trekking uphill!

Here is a link to Viking's docking locations (they aren't proprietary); the first map on the page is Amsterdam with 3 locations shown. Note Centraal is on the left side of the page.

http://wpc.475d.edgecastcdn.net/00475D/PDF/portlocations.pdf

20 hours ago, Ine said:

Another option is to (pre) book a cab through this site: https://www.tcataxi.nl/en/home.html

As far as I know they have a fixed price of E. 40 to the airport.

How far in advance should we book a taxi?  

We're on a RC cruise that arrives in port on July 30th at 6:00 am and our flight is at 10:25 (5 minutes too early for the cruise shuttle to book).

4 hours ago, cinnbon said:

How far in advance should we book a taxi?  

We're on a RC cruise that arrives in port on July 30th at 6:00 am and our flight is at 10:25 (5 minutes too early for the cruise shuttle to book).

Assuming you fly back to the USA for which most airlines want you to checkin 3  hours prior, I suggest to book a cab for 7 am. Traveltime to the airport is about 20/25 minutes depending traffic. Since it is vacationtime traffic will be less busy.

3 hours ago, Ine said:

Assuming you fly back to the USA for which most airlines want you to checkin 3  hours prior, I suggest to book a cab for 7 am. Traveltime to the airport is about 20/25 minutes depending traffic. Since it is vacationtime traffic will be less busy.

Thank you so much for answering 🙂  Do I book the taxi now or wait till closer to cruise time?

1 hour ago, cinnbon said:

Thank you so much for answering 🙂  Do I book the taxi now or wait till closer to cruise time?

I would say closer to cruise time. TCA has a lot of cabs.

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, RockinJ said:

Does anyone know how much Uber would charge from the Port to Amsterdam Airport?  Monday July 8 at 8:30 AM?

Probably around E. 35. You have to check where they can pick you up, very unlikely it will be at the port itself due to regulations with cabs etc.