ES Rate and Price Drop

jdoc2007

Has there been a change in price drops?  I booked ES last year for an upcoming cruise (coming up in 2 weeks).  I saw a price drop for my same cabin category, same ship, same sailing.  Called Carnival and rep said they will only give price drops for the same RATE CODE , same cabin category, same ship, same sailing???  The ES rate code is obviously gone now (as the sailing is 2 weeks away).  I went ahead an still submitted the price drop form online and have not had a response back.

Has anyone been successful in getting a price drop?

22 minutes ago, jdoc2007 said:

Has there been a change in price drops?  I booked ES last year for an upcoming cruise (coming up in 2 weeks).  I saw a price drop for my same cabin category, same ship, same sailing.  Called Carnival and rep said they will only give price drops for the same RATE CODE , same cabin category, same ship, same sailing???  The ES rate code is obviously gone now (as the sailing is 2 weeks away).  I went ahead an still submitted the price drop form online and have not had a response back.

Has anyone been successful in getting a price drop?

Hi jdoc

If the price for your cabin category has fallen you are entitled to, at this point in time, an OBC for the drop. You just have to be careful, that if you received with your original booking some OBC it might be lost if it is not currently offered. Also if other cabin category cabins have fallen in price, you may choose to upgrade yourself.

If you are not sure how this works, call Carnival and ask if they can assign you a PVP. This person would be able to help you understand what you are allowed and would be able to process your requests.

have a great cruise

p.s. Riff...yes there is an online form you can fill out for ES rate price drop requests

Edited by Nic6318

35 minutes ago, Nic6318 said:

Hi jdoc

If the price for your cabin category has fallen you are entitled to, at this point in time, an OBC for the drop. You just have to be careful, that if you received with your original booking some OBC it might be lost if it is not currently offered. Also if other cabin category cabins have fallen in price, you may choose to upgrade yourself.

If you are not sure how this works, call Carnival and ask if they can assign you a PVP. This person would be able to help you understand what you are allowed and would be able to process your requests.

have a great cruise

p.s. Riff...yes there is an online form you can fill out for ES rate price drop requests

I've received price drops before (either in OBC or if pre-final payment, a reduction).  My concern was that the Carnival rep I spoke with said that the price drop was only applicable within the same RATE CODE.  i.e if you book early saver rate code (which we all know goes away the closer to the cruise date), you can only apply for price drop if the early saver Rate Code drops in price and not apply for price drops on any other Rate Code you are eligible for.  I'll call again if my rate drop online form request is denied.

I think what the rep person is trying to say is that the early saver rate code needs to be equal otherwise you risk losing OBC and other perks. 

I have a early saver booking with a rate code from some promotional thing that gives me on board credit. if i do any price drops, i will risk losing that on board credit unless the new promo also offers onboard credit 

I would call back and check.  I've gotten OBC when the price had dropped in other rates lower than what I paid for the ES rate.  ES would no longer be available this close to the sailing, so you can't compare rates.  Now frequently, this close to the sailing, certain room categories are completely sold out.  If your room category (4A, 4B, etc.) is sold out, even if the rate for your type of room drops, you won't get OBC.  That is where they get you.  Some room categories have a very limited # of rooms, so if you get one of those, you may not qualify for OBC if the price drops even months before a sailing.   

You should call back, or call your PVP (if you have one).  I had a significant rate drop today and sent the form in.  They only granted a small rate drop (not the entire thing).  I called my PVP and he said that they used the wrong rate code and fixed it for me.