Sorry for a possible repeat question

carmel

Hi,

I've been off the boards for about a year.  I'm looking into booking a summer 2020 RCCL cruise.  Is there any way to book where you DO get a refundable deposit even though you pay more in the end?  I couldn't figure out how to book a cruise online w/o the NRD discount (so I could get my deposit back).

Thanks

You have to go through virtually the entire booking process, including entering all the passenger info, and then there will be a checkbox for refundable deposit.  Note that categories of Grand Suite or better do not have refundable deposits anymore.

56 minutes ago, Ashland said:

And do keep in mind at some point depending on pricing and before final payment you can change that RFD to a NRD...I have and saved a bit.

This tip is huge to remember!  I need to try this as I hate tying up non-refundable but the savings matter too 🙂

On 3/14/2019 at 9:52 AM, Host Clarea said:

You have to go through virtually the entire booking process, including entering all the passenger info, and then there will be a checkbox for refundable deposit.  Note that categories of Grand Suite or better do not have refundable deposits anymore.

Thanks!  My friend thinks she wants to join us on our trip next year, and I really think she should do that option since she may need to cancel...

On 3/14/2019 at 6:50 PM, ShillyShally said:

This tip is huge to remember!  I need to try this as I hate tying up non-refundable but the savings matter too 🙂

But most of the times the pricing will be so high that a re-price will not give you any savings!

1 hour ago, Carnival4U said:

But most of the times the pricing will be so high that a re-price will not give you any savings!

True, I'm not sure which direction I'll aim to go when booking our next cruise yet - NRD, RD, wait until final payment regardless and I am 99.9% dates/flights work.  In theory it's similar to flights, as you only have 24 hours to cancel a fare unless you pay a higher premium, it was just so nice to be able to hold a cruise a great price.  I rarely cancelled but a few times we did have to but thankfully they were group cruises where the NRD was small.