Upgrade bid experiences

Grandma Cruising

9 hours ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

An interesting take on the whole upgrade process!

Indeed, and posted in the hope of helping other B2Bers who may wish to do same. Another aspect, you can apply non-refundable OBC to upgrade as that was another factor in our decision as we had already upgraded to UB package and 3 night dining. We would not have done so if the call had come on the final evening of previous cruise, and would def have made a counter offer!

1 hour ago, uktog said:

Interesting, the cruises before you, they would not allow OBC to be applied.......

TBH, based on my reading pre-cruise of what OBC could and could not be used for, I was surprised at the answer given. I asked specifically at Guest Relations and it was one of the senior ladies who confirmed such. It is strange that would not be applied consistently!

4 hours ago, hamrag said:

TBH, based on my reading pre-cruise of what OBC could and could not be used for, I was surprised at the answer given. I asked specifically at Guest Relations and it was one of the senior ladies who confirmed such. It is strange that would not be applied consistently!

We also had nonrefundable OBC applied to an onboard upgrade.  Could be that when a suite of any size is going to be available at embarkation they just want to fill it with a reasonable payment.  Else they get nothing.  Maybe just get enough to be comparable to the takings from win-a-suite bingo.

Bid Rejected. Journey holiday cruise on 12/19. Bid about 2.5 months ago...currently in a veranda..bid on Continental Suite. Minimum was $500.00 ...I bid $550.00. Just received the email this AM. 

We did start out in an OV when we first booked...and with some price drops we were able to move into a veranda...so I'm glad we at least ended up with a balcony!! :)

• Like 2

9 hours ago, LuAnn said:

Bid Rejected. Journey holiday cruise on 12/19. Bid about 2.5 months ago...currently in a veranda..bid on Continental Suite. Minimum was $500.00 ...I bid $550.00. Just received the email this AM. 

We did start out in an OV when we first booked...and with some price drops we were able to move into a veranda...so I'm glad we at least ended up with a balcony!! 🙂

Thanks for that LuAnn. Can you tell me what LCV level you are and how long the cruise is please. I’m assuming the $500 minimum bid was per stateroom, not pp.

On 12/18/2019 at 12:00 AM, Host Grandma Cruising said:

Thanks for that LuAnn. Can you tell me what LCV level you are and how long the cruise is please. I’m assuming the $500 minimum bid was per stateroom, not pp.

Discoverer Plus....17 nights...yes for the stateroom

Cruise Date: 5 Jan 2020

Date Bid made: 8 Dec 2020

Length of cruise: 15 days

LCV level: Discover Plus

Cabin Type Booked: Club Verandah (V1)

Cabin Type Bid for: Continental Suite

Minimum bid allowed (per cabin):  

Amount bid (per stateroom): $1,800

Bid strength (weak/strong etc): Weak

Outcome. Successful

21 minutes ago, cruzzzinma said:

Cruise Date: 5 Jan 2020

Minimum bid allowed (per cabin):  

Bid strength (weak/strong etc): Weak

Outcome. Successful

Thanks cruzzinma, that’s added to the spreadsheet. Can’t read the minimum bid  you put (mistype?), can you tell me what it says. I’m also going to try to include the area the cruise is in, at the suggestion of hubofhockey. Can you tell me where your cruise will be -  is it the Buenos Aires to Buenos Aires cruise on Pursuit?

Cruise Date: 20 Jan 2020 (Pursuit - Buenos Aires to Santiago)

Minimum bid allowed (per cabin): $750 (I think)

Bid strength (weak/strong etc): Weak

Outcome. Successful

8 hours ago, cruzzzinma said:

Minimum bid allowed (per cabin): $750 (I think)

Outcome. Successful

Thanks very much - all added.

On 12/23/2019 at 4:00 PM, cruzzzinma said:

Minimum bid allowed (per cabin): $1500  (I think) CORRECTED FOR CABIN NOT PP

Outcome. Successful

Edited by cruzzzinma

We received the following upgrade offer for our upcoming cruise on Quest on the 17th March 2020.

The upgrade would be from a Club Continent Suite category N2.

FF70D8E1-E8FC-480C-BBFB-2C4D0BB5A206.thumb.jpeg.9220d5e4ed3955d25a528022b200da49.jpeg

Last time we received an LCV upgrade offer the total price was half of the per person minimum bid under the new scheme.

Needless to say we will not be submitting a bid.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Riocca said:

We received the following upgrade offer for our upcoming cruise on Quest on the 17th March 2020.

The upgrade would be from a Club Continent Suite category N2.

FF70D8E1-E8FC-480C-BBFB-2C4D0BB5A206.thumb.jpeg.9220d5e4ed3955d25a528022b200da49.jpeg

Last time we received an LCV upgrade offer the total price was half of the per person minimum bid under the new scheme.

Needless to say we will not be submitting a bid.

Thanks - interesting.

Just now, Host Grandma Cruising said:

How far ahead is your cruise. It sounds like there’s something wrong. I presume you’ve emailed the LCV team about it?

We are about 50 days from sailing.....no response from LVC team, except an 'automatic reply' 3 days ago and nothing since. Was booked August 2018, but applied some free nights, so maybe this makes us ineligible?

56 minutes ago, Lookyboy said:

We are about 50 days from sailing.....no response from LVC team, except an 'automatic reply' 3 days ago and nothing since. Was booked August 2018, but applied some free nights, so maybe this makes us ineligible?

You are probably right as the t&c’s of the upgrade programme state:

Booking must be after final payment and made under full fare or general marketplace promotions only.

22 minutes ago, Riocca said:

You are probably right as the t&c’s of the upgrade programme state:

Booking must be after final payment and made under full fare or general marketplace promotions only.

Not sure whether using free nights changes it from being considered. I'd definitely send another email to LCV with URGENT written in large writing at the top.

Edited by Host Grandma Cruising

4 hours ago, Lookyboy said:

We're on your cruise as well.  Still says ineiglible to bid.  We booked this cruise onboard the Journey October 2018.  We're also on the following cruise and received an email from Azamara yesterday to bid for an upgrade on that cruise but not on the February 20th cruise.  I spoke with someone at Azamara in November who told me they would get back to me...never heard from them again.  My TA has been in touch too...still no answer.