OBC from TA where to find, use before sailing?

Cruizinggirl

I believe only Celebrity OBC can be used before sailing. Celebrity has no way of knowing if your agent will actually provide OBC, so I doubt they would let you use money that they don't have in their account, as it were.

50 minutes ago, jelayne said:

It can take up to 3 days before OBC from your TA shows up on your account.  You can still make purchases and when the OBC shows up it will offset the charges.

i don't think that is correct - maybe On other cruise lines, but not in X.

TA OBC only shows after you've boarded the ship.  You cannot use it until you are On the ship - and it may take  day or two before it shows in your folio.  You cannot use it to offset/reverse charges made prior to sailing in your credit card.  

But since most OBC given by TA's is refundable, what's the difference?  You spend money for something extra online, and you use your credit card.  3-5 days after the cruise ends, the refundable OBC is applied to your credit card. 

Edited by jkgourmet
  • Like 1

So when you book through a TA the OBC that Celebrity gives will be in your cruise planner but TA OBC wont show up on your account until 2-3 days after boarding?

What about other perks such as drink pkg, gratuities etc. If booked through a TA.

The invoice from TA shows everything but only Celebritys OBC shows up in cruise planner. How does Celebrityknow what you have coming?

On 3/16/2019 at 9:29 PM, jkgourmet said:

i don't think that is correct - maybe On other cruise lines, but not in X.

TA OBC only shows after you've boarded the ship.  You cannot use it until you are On the ship - and it may take  day or two before it shows in your folio.  You cannot use it to offset/reverse charges made prior to sailing in your credit card.  

But since most OBC given by TA's is refundable, what's the difference?  You spend money for something extra online, and you use your credit card.  3-5 days after the cruise ends, the refundable OBC is applied to your credit card. 

I was adding to the post above mine which said only OBC from Celebrity. Would show in the Cruise Planner.  As you said the OBC from a TA will only show after one is on the ship and that can take up to three days

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cheeseheads4ever said:

So when you book through a TA the OBC that Celebrity gives will be in your cruise planner but TA OBC wont show up on your account until 2-3 days after boarding?

What about other perks such as drink pkg, gratuities etc. If booked through a TA.

The invoice from TA shows everything but only Celebritys OBC shows up in cruise planner. How does Celebrityknow what you have coming?

All info for perks is communicated from the TA to Celebrity at the time of booking. I always take a printed copy of the info just in case there was an issue, but never needed it.  

• Like 1