Cruise Critic Community
colgal77

Hilton Garden Staten Island stay, park, cruise shuttle package

Has anyone done the stay, park and cruise package from the Hilton Garden Staten Island?  I have not been able to find much information on this.  Wondering about the security of the parking lot and overall if this is a good choice.  How was the shuttle to and from Cape Liberty?

Suggest looking at the reviews in TripAdvisor. The negative reviews (poor and terrible) seem too high.

2 hours ago, colgal77 said:

Has anyone done the stay, park and cruise package from the Hilton Garden Staten Island?  I have not been able to find much information on this.  Wondering about the security of the parking lot and overall if this is a good choice.  How was the shuttle to and from Cape Liberty?

It looks like you’re coming from Ontario.  Hilton Garden is showing at $262 tax included for May 8.  Add on another $15 for the bridge toll and about $3 for the extra turnpike toll, so you’re all in at $280 plus some extra gas.  But don’t forget to consider the additional travel time of 15-30 minutes to to go the additional 10 miles each way to get yourselves between the Newark airport area and the HG on Staten Island.

How many people are you?  Did you consider the park/sleep cruise options through trinityreservations.com, which quotes tax included?

You have a long trip without needing to add extra time to it.  HG is perfectly fine - nice suburban like setting in a wooded corporate park - you won’t know you’re in NYC.  Haven’t used their shuttle, so I can’t comment.

6 minutes ago, 138east said:

It looks like you’re coming from Ontario.  Hilton Garden is showing at $262 tax included for May 8.  Add on another $15 for the bridge toll and about $3 for the extra turnpike toll, so you’re all in at $280 plus some extra gas.  But don’t forget to consider the additional travel time of 15-30 minutes to to go the additional 10 miles each way to get yourselves between the Newark airport area and the HG on Staten Island.

How many people are you?  Did you consider the park/sleep cruise options through trinityreservations.com, which quotes tax included?

You have a long trip without needing to add extra time to it.  HG is perfectly fine - nice suburban like setting in a wooded corporate park - you won’t know you’re in NYC.  Haven’t used their shuttle, so I can’t comment.

There are 4 of us.  Thx for the extra info.  That was the rate we got, but I didnt know about the extras you mentioned so thanks.  I am considering staying 45mins to an hour from the port and just driving in the morning of and parking at the port as well.  Some people are saying Morristown or Secaucus.

1 minute ago, 1025cruise said:

Parking at the port is easy. I would recommend that.

Now to find an inexpensive yet decent hotel within an our drive.

1 hour ago, colgal77 said:

Now to find an inexpensive yet decent hotel within an our drive.

That’s the problem.  You need a hotel on a business travel night, which is more expensive.  Look at Holiday Inn in Budd Lake or Totowa.  They are reasonably priced for your date.  The Totowa HI offers queen beds if bed size is a consideration.

If you leave the hotel between 9 and 9:30 am, you should miss the rush hour traffic and arrive at the port before the access road backs up.

On 3/17/2019 at 8:55 AM, colgal77 said:

Why don't you try booking the Hilton Garden Inn, RIdgefield Park, NJ.  It is very close to the Geo. Washington bridge.  This hotel offers the cruise package.  We booked a room for $278 including taxes and breakfast.  A limo will pick you up at the time of your choice and drive you to the pier.  When you return, you give them a call and they will pick you up from the pier and return you to the hotel to get your car.

Nice property right across the road from the Samsung office complex.

On 3/22/2019 at 12:14 PM, DKane said:

Why don't you try booking the Hilton Garden Inn, RIdgefield Park, NJ.  It is very close to the Geo. Washington bridge.  This hotel offers the cruise package.  We booked a room for $278 including taxes and breakfast.  A limo will pick you up at the time of your choice and drive you to the pier.  When you return, you give them a call and they will pick you up from the pier and return you to the hotel to get your car.

Nice property right across the road from the Samsung office complex.

The package at this hotel is for the Manhattan Cruiseport. The OP is sailing from Cape Liberty.

You might want to check out the Marriott Courtyard and the Hilton Garden Inn, both in Edison, NJ. They are right off Rt 440 and an easy drive across the Outerbridge to Staten Island and then on to the cruiseport. If you are willing to drive to the port it is very easy to get there and parking is easy also. I am quite sure these hotels are more reasonable than the the prices around $275 you have gotten.

1 hour ago, Hootie&Pokey said:

You might want to check out the Marriott Courtyard and the Hilton Garden Inn, both in Edison, NJ. They are right off Rt 440 and an easy drive across the Outerbridge to Staten Island and then on to the cruiseport. If you are willing to drive to the port it is very easy to get there and parking is easy also. I am quite sure these hotels are more reasonable than the the prices around $275 you have gotten.

To get to Cape Liberty from Edison NJ there is no reason to pay the $15 Outerbridge Crossing toll to go to Staten Island and back to NY unless the NJ Turnpike has serious traffic problems.