Favorite deli order

crusinpsychRN

2 hours ago, crusinpsychRN said:

What is your favorite deli order from room service?  I get a reuben on toast, lucky if the bread is toasted at all. Ask for chips and salt and pepper or anything else you want or it won't be there.

I broke my foot on the pier in Barbados last month while we were on a Journeys cruise. For my lunch the next day, I ordered a BLT and 2 bananas. It was delivered quickly with chips, a pickle, salt and pepper. (None of those did I specify that I wanted but was happy they were added). We were on the Glory.

• Like 1

Since my first Carnival cruise way back in the early 1990's, my favorite room service item has been the BLT. I remember on one cruise I ordered the BLT every single night around 1am when we got back to our cabin from whatever we were doing.  

• Like 2

I've only ordered room service one and didn't care for it. My husband got a Reuben I think which was fine. I had a grilled cheese that was served on bone dry, rock hard burned bread. Only reason for ordering was because we had a late port arrival and an excursion that started before lunch opened on the ship. 

I've come to the conclusion that the reason for some of our cruise food problems comes from the fact that a bunch of Asians from other countries are trying to prepare American food. It's no different than if a bunch of Americans went to China and tried to serve Chinese food to a bunch of Chinese people. The main food elements would be there but the end result wouldn't be quite right. Oh well

20 hours ago, SRQbeachgirl said:

Since my first Carnival cruise way back in the early 1990's, my favorite room service item has been the BLT. I remember on one cruise I ordered the BLT every single night around 1am when we got back to our cabin from whatever we were doing.  

Our tradition is to order the ham and cheese sandwich every night with chips (and I get a glass of milk because yes I am the milkman's daughter for real). It is our little tradition to order this after we close down the live entertainment. Everyone acted like I was ridiculous for not liking the new charges after a certain time for room service. Well this was one of those little things we enjoyed about our cruise! 

• Like 3

Tuna Sandwich

Caesar Salad

Chocolate cake

The English muffin for the tuna sandwich is usually perfectly soft.

I've had the BLT and found the bread is usually lightly toasted (which I understand - overly crispy bread is probably received as a complaint more frequently than when the bread is under-toasted).

3 hours ago, ricew001 said:

Our tradition is to order the ham and cheese sandwich every night with chips (and I get a glass of milk because yes I am the milkman's daughter for real). It is our little tradition to order this after we close down the live entertainment. Everyone acted like I was ridiculous for not liking the new charges after a certain time for room service. Well this was one of those little things we enjoyed about our cruise! 

Did I understand you right, that Carnival is now charging room service after a certain time?

15 hours ago, aaalynn1 said:

Did I understand you right, that Carnival is now charging room service after a certain time?

Yes unfortunately they are. On their website it is very misleading.

this is how they have it:

Free menu available from 6:00 AM - 10:00 PM

So you have to pay after 10 pm. Well we are on vacation.....we take advantage of the night life so we don't get back to our room until after 10 pm!!!!

On 3/18/2019 at 5:57 PM, aaalynn1 said:

On 3/18/2019 at 7:02 PM, coevan said:

10 pm, yes

Not sure if this has been implemented or not but there was talk that they were going to start charging for everything except a few items from the continental breakfast.

19 hours ago, Joebucks said:

Last cruise, I tried the philly cheesesteak. It was outstanding

philly cheesesteak is one of my favourite sandwiches!!! So say if I ordered this after 10pm (im cruising carnival next month) how much would that cost me?

1 hour ago, HarryKane said:

philly cheesesteak is one of my favourite sandwiches!!! So say if I ordered this after 10pm (im cruising carnival next month) how much would that cost me?

Mine too, I'm really considering ordering it one day if for some reason we decide to eat in the cabin. IIRC, I think it's $5 and available anytime, not just after 10pm.

3 hours ago, RWolver672 said:

Not sure if this has been implemented or not but there was talk that they were going to start charging for everything except a few items from the continental breakfast.

Earlier this year it was announced that they would be charging for RS besides cont breakfast.  There was strong pushback and the proposal was shelved for now. 

On 3/18/2019 at 11:24 AM, meatloafsfan said:

Tuna Sandwich

Caesar Salad

Chocolate cake

The English muffin for the tuna sandwich is usually perfectly soft.

I've had the BLT and found the bread is usually lightly toasted (which I understand - overly crispy bread is probably received as a complaint more frequently than when the bread is under-toasted).

I loved that tuna on the english muffin.  They didn't have it on my last cruise on the Miracle, I was disappointed.  Tuna in the deli was okay, bread was white and way too soft sandwich fell apart.

Candi

1 hour ago, candigirl41 said:

I loved that tuna on the english muffin.  They didn't have it on my last cruise on the Miracle, I was disappointed.  Tuna in the deli was okay, bread was white and way too soft sandwich fell apart.

Candi

That was my experience as well with the tuna sammich I had on the Miracle last year, I ended up eating it with a fork.

But still, the tuna and the BLT are my favorites from the Deli and I see the new menu still have them which is good, I'm curious to try some of the other sammiches on there as well.