Nieuw Amsterdam spa pass

CruznFam704

Can anyone tell me how to search the forums? It used to be so easy. I was able to search for things within specific categories, ie: Holland America:  Nieuw Amsterdam spa pass. Now, I don't see that option.

Anyhow, does anyone know how much the Spa access pass on the Nieuw Amsterdam 7 day cruise is? Is there a special on board on specific days? We like to use the thalassotherapy (hydrospa pool) daily. Thank you.😊

51 minutes ago, CancunKris said:

Is there a special on board on specific days

There used to be a small discount in the price of the pass if booked for the entire cruise on the day of Embarkation at the Spa.  Didn't seem to be on the Nieuw Statendam.  Not sure if that discount has been eliminated fleet-wide.

On 3/17/2019 at 3:53 PM, CruiserBruce said:

It was just announced spa passes are bookable on line just like an excursion. Check out your booking on line.

This thread from a couple of days ago:

Note that HAL charges more per person for a couple than for a single. I know that there's a reason for the "single supplement" on room prices, but there is no good reason to screw singles on the price of a spa pass. As a single, I don't use two robes, or take two showers. What "extra" service am I paying for as a single????????

• Like 2

6 hours ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

Note that HAL charges more per person for a couple than for a single. I know that there's a reason for the "single supplement" on room prices, but there is no good reason to screw singles on the price of a spa pass. As a single, I don't use two robes, or take two showers. What "extra" service am I paying for as a single????????

Actually if you buy the spa pass as a couple, it is less per person, not more.  There is a regular per person price, and a discount if you sign up as a couple.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Moriah said:

Actually if you buy the spa pass as a couple, it is less per person, not more.  There is a regular per person price, and a discount if you sign up as a couple.

yes, I said it backwards. But why should a couple get a discount? I don't know of any service on HAL where there's a singles discount.

Edited by 3rdGenCunarder
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

But why should a couple get a discount? I don't know of any service on HAL where there's a singles discount.

There is no valid reason. The only possible reason is that this is a Noah's Ark world, and it is still acceptable to discriminate against solos.

One thing solos can do is double up with anyone who is willing to see the advantage of doing so. I am not opposed to asking people on the roll call, or even those standing in line to book a package, if they want to go in together on it with me. You don't have to go together, or even see each other again during the cruise. I am even willing to pay the other person my share in cash, and let them have the full value toward a Mariner Day. That should be a pretty good incentive to pair up right there.

• Like 4

I just checked booking a spa pass on the Zuiderdam for 11 days.  I would have to pick a time and the only only listed are in the evening. In the past you could use the Spa at any time.  It looks like if I purchased I would only be able to go in the evenings ? If this is true, I would not buy a pass. 

1 hour ago, Williow said:

I just checked booking a spa pass on the Zuiderdam for 11 days.  I would have to pick a time and the only only listed are in the evening. In the past you could use the Spa at any time.  It looks like if I purchased I would only be able to go in the evenings ? If this is true, I would not buy a pass. 

Wait until you embark before buying a pass.  Make a visit to the Spa a priority as soon after embarking as possible, just in case there is a limit for some reason.

48 minutes ago, CancunKris said:

Thanks everyone. I think I'll wait until I'm on board before I book. My husband doesn't care about using it but my sister wants to use it with me. I'm trying to see if you will allow us to do that for the discount.

You'll have no problem doing that. "Couple" can be any two people.  I've gotten the discount with friends, and my daughter.  Enjoy the wonderful spa!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Does anyone know why we all of a sudden have to pick a time of the day to get a pass to use the Thermal Suite/Hydro Pool? I think it its a nice option to be able to book this on line but in all the years I have been doing it I have always gone to the spa on board to get this for the cruise and could go use it at any time of the day during the hours it was open. Certainly doesn't make it easy for people on a port day. Booking on line doesn't allow for using ship board credit for it also.

Edited by rjbean4

1 minute ago, rjbean4 said:

Does anyone know why we all of a sudden have to pick a time of the day to get a pass to use the Thermal Suite/Hydro Pool? In all the years I have been doing it I have always gone to the spa on board to get this for the cruise and could go use it at any time of the day during the hours it was open. Certainly doesn't make it easy for people on a port day.

My opinion:  simply ignore what you are reading on their web site and book the pass soon after you embark.  Whomever writes this kind of "stuff" on their web site does not know what they are talking about.  There's been questions for several years on CC about "just how much cruising experience do the executives and employees in Seattle actually have".  Again my opinion:  what "they think they know" is actually different from what "they should know".

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

My opinion:  simply ignore what you are reading on their web site and book the pass soon after you embark.  Whomever writes this kind of "stuff" on their web site does not know what they are talking about.  There's been questions for several years on CC about "just how much cruising experience do the executives and employees in Seattle actually have".  Again my opinion:  what "they think they know" is actually different from what "they should know".

This has always been my thought. Especially when they send out the emails regarding embarkation. This included mom ans I when we boarded the NS on Dec.19th. Yeah they faced all the inspections being their first time into Port Everglades and I could see it going on when we arrived. When we did arrive at the terminal it was already pretty full of a lot of other people that payed no attention to it and we were still on by 12:30 pm as we are 5 star mariners and in a Vista suite.

Regarding the spa issue, I haven't used our booking numbers to see what comes up for this. I don't see how people in Seattle can force people to pick a time slot for using this area as its going to be different based on if its a port or sea day. For example if its a port day it would probably completely eliminate the chance for someone to use it even if they picked afternoons because that means that someone would have to give up using it for the day since they probably wouldn't be able to go ashore to do a tour for example and then have time for doing anything else. Evenings would probably be out too due to evening activities with dinner, show, etc and with mom and I we always go for drinks before dinner.

Be interesting to see how long this lasts.

• Like 1

Thank you for the help.  I do wonder about the every 15 minute sign up for the Spa. That would be quite a few people if it lasts from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. for sign up. Would that be 40 people or 80 ?  As couples would count for each 15 minute sign up.  What a mess . LOL 

I think it's yet another website glitch. The booking system is set in such a way that you must choose your time when booking  specialty restaurants. If there's more than one time for a tour, you must choose the time you want. I think the system needed to know what times the spa would be available for booking, and some lazy idiot picked up the list of times for Pinnacle or Caneletto or something like that.

• Like 2

I just assumed when it asked for a time when I signed up for the thellasatherapy or however you spell it, pool  that meant the time it (the physical pass) would show up in my stateroom.  When i buy onboard credit I have to tell it when I want it and I ask for it on embarkation day.  Could be a crazy theory????

Thanks KCK,  I am in Olathe !   I went ahead and bought a pass giving 5pm...I hope this is just a strange way of booking otherwise I will have to use it in the evening.  It is interesting to see that as a solo pays more than a couple. Divide the couple price and it is not as much as one person. I will enjoy this cruise no matter what , need some sunshine. 

22 hours ago, Williow said:

Thanks KCK,  I am in Olathe !   I went ahead and bought a pass giving 5pm...I hope this is just a strange way of booking otherwise I will have to use it in the evening.  It is interesting to see that as a solo pays more than a couple. Divide the couple price and it is not as much as one person. I will enjoy this cruise no matter what , need some sunshine. 

Yea Kansas!!!!  Have a great cruise!!