Stockholm port to airport

jannan

Very tight but possible - assuming Arlanda. The answer will however depend on airline and destination - Europe or USA - Schengen of non-Schengen (additional time for immigration/passport check) - also which week day.

If overseas or outside Schengen I’ll say not possible - if SAS within Schengen should be possible 

I have been traveling a lot out of Arlanda to Copenhagen and normally calculated with two hours.

i have the same question. We will be on the Seranade of the Seas which docks in Stockholm on June 29 and June 30. We have booked an SAS flight departing from Arlanda at 7:20am on the morning of June 30. Will we be able to get a taxi early enough from cruise terminal to make that flight. It is a nonstop to Zurich Switzerland where we catch a flight on July 1 to the USA. We are US citizens with US passports. Is it better to stay in a hotel at Arlanda airport on June 29 so we will be close to airport. Thank you

9 hours ago, hallasm said:

Very tight but possible - assuming Arlanda. The answer will however depend on airline and destination - Europe or USA - Schengen of non-Schengen (additional time for immigration/passport check) - also which week day.

If overseas or outside Schengen I’ll say not possible - if SAS within Schengen should be possible 

I have been traveling a lot out of Arlanda to Copenhagen and normally calculated with two hours.

ARN to London.  If we line-up to disembark at 0800, assuming an hour to disembark, have a taxi arranged, we can be at the airport at 1000?

On 3/19/2019 at 9:56 AM, jannan said:

Disembarking Serenade of the Seas in Stockholm.  Posted time is 0800.  Can I reasonably expect to be able to catch an 1125 flight from Stockholm?

I'm on that same ship/same flight in July- so I'll be racing to the airport with you! I did have a 3 PM but BA canceled it. Planning to check in on my phone while waiting to get off the ship and arrange a taxi to the airport to be waiting for us when we disembark (haven't done that yet, too far in advance). Hoping to carry our luggage off at 8AM but it's me and a 7 year old so we'll see how that goes. Depending on what happens with Brexit by then we may encounter more passport control issues (well at least I will, US citizen). If we miss it the next flight after that is around 8 pm I think.

9 hours ago, akb5k said:

Depending on what happens with Brexit by then we may encounter more passport control issues (well at least I will, US citizen). If we miss it the next flight after that is around 8 pm I think.

Don’t worry about BREXIT - UK is not part of Schengen today so already passport check for UK - no change do to BREXIT. Passport control in Europe is when leaving the Schengen Zone and not EU.

Yes passport checks are in place, but what about visa etc if they are going for a hard Brexit. 

The airports in Spain with lots of British travellers are expecting longer lines at the passport control after the 29th. 

I know that Stockholm doesn't get as many british holiday makers as Alicante, Malaga etc but until Brexit happens its a little bit dangerous to say don't worry about Brexit. 

Not even Great Britain knows what Brexit is yet. 

Time will show however I cannot see why the BREXIT should have a huge impact on Schengen agreement and the requirements for passport control is Arlanda airport when traveling to UK. OP is traveling to London but not necessarily a UK citizen.

After BREXIT UK travellers will become “third-country nationals” and subject to the standard rules of admission for citizens of nations such as the US, Japan and Australia. (but still not expected that UK citizen will need a Schengen Visa). That means they can remain in the Schengen Area for max 90 days and there must be at least 90 days left on their passport beyond their intended date of departure.

47 minutes ago, hallasm said:

Time will show however I cannot see why the BREXIT should have a huge impact on Schengen agreement and the requirements for passport control is Arlanda airport when traveling to UK. OP is traveling to London but not necessarily a UK citizen.

After BREXIT UK travellers will become “third-country nationals” and subject to the standard rules of admission for citizens of nations such as the US, Japan and Australia. (but still not expected that UK citizen will need a Schengen Visa). That means they can remain in the Schengen Area for max 90 days and there must be at least 90 days left on their passport beyond their intended date of departure.

I also assume that they will be subject to the new ETIAS with the rest of us in 2021.

• 1 month later...

Apparently there will be a lot of us getting off that Serenade of the Seas ship early on the morning of June 30!  Our original flight from Stockholm to Paris was cancelled, so we had to change it to one that leaves Stockholm at 10:40 am in order to make our flight from Paris to JFK... Does anyone know what we need to get a taxi prearranged from the ship to the airport?  Thanks!