Elite Happy Hour

lawra09

29 minutes ago, Kathy23 said:

Hi everyone! I have a quick question and was wondering if someone knows the answer.  We are cruising in a few months and had to split up into two rooms because of too many kids.  My daughter is staying with her Grandparents and my other two children are staying with me.  Both my parents are elite status and we would like to socialize, etc together  - that is why I am cruising with them.  (drinks are not really the reason - more to be able to hang out the entire time if we choose to)  Because I am in an adjoining room and the reservations are linked, am I correct to assume I will not be allowed to go with them to "elite" functions.  (but my 12 year old could....)  If this is the case, would I be better off switching rooms with my Mom so if I am in my Dad's room, I would get his benefit?  My Mom has her own elite status.  Thanks!

I am not sure it is worth the hassle since the free drinks are tied to their card at any bar and you will be paying for yours. (I know you said it was not important to you)

If I was your parents, I would not see any reason to attend the Elite social events.  We would stay with our family.  They can tell you if they are important to them.  

You are correct that if you switch the booking you and kids would be able to attend the social events, but not receive the other Elite benefits. 

Good luck with your decision.

45 minutes ago, kowhairob said:

I've just re read my question and what i meant to ask if Elites can use the coupon at the Martini bar between 5 and 7. 

If you're wanting a martini, the only martini we've seen on the CC HH beverage menu is the appletini. 

I traveling with a dear friend. It is her first cruise ever- so no status whatsoever! I am Elite+  so to read the change in their drink give aways was very helpful indeed.

She will buy her drinks I get mine free and that is that- no problem there- we staying in different cabins - so the " same cabin rule" does not apply to us!

I really don´t care if it is three drinks or more  - the last time I remember ( my last X cruise was in 2014 - so it has been a while) one could  drink as much as one  liked- they came round and round and round with their trays- nobody counted the drinks- BUT - who wants to gulp down as much as one can - just to get the most out of it- thats not enjoying a drink- that is plain greed!

After more than three drinks they would save on the dinner for me- because I would spend the rest of the night in my cabin- that is if i would still be able to find the way back to my cabin after all those drinks...!

It is great, that the Elite hour is no longer limited to the the lounge overlooking the bow.

What I am asking is this- is there still an event held at this lounge? I loved that  and really looked forward to it every evening- the horse deuvres´s where a nice touch too. Did THAT stop alltogether?

Edited by Germancruiser

On 3/20/2019 at 4:35 PM, Mr. Click said:

We do 3 diet cokes, 1 ginger ale and 2 bottles of water.......it sucks paying for that stuff on embarcation day.

I never even thought of taking pop & water back to the room from CC Elite HH!  thanks for the great tip.  
We are on a Repo later this year and this tip has been noted.  Many thanks!  

On 3/22/2019 at 11:03 PM, Germancruiser said:

Ah thats good to know- thanks for clearing this. I sure will go up there - since I sooo like the location!

What I have to find out though is , if my friend can acompany me - and pay for her own drinks of course.

Not likely, unless there are a very small number of Elite and up on the ship.

On 3/22/2019 at 4:03 PM, Germancruiser said:

Ah thats good to know- thanks for clearing this. I sure will go up there - since I sooo like the location!

What I have to find out though is , if my friend can acompany me - and pay for her own drinks of course.

10 hours ago, gold1953 said:

Not likely, unless there are a very small number of Elite and up on the ship.

I am not so sure.  I do recall on cruises with a lot of Elite cruises, Celebrity used coupons and they allowed non elites to be in the Sky Lounge.  I am not sure that it was fleetwide.

Gremancruisers, I would either ask the Captain Club hostess or just bring your friend with you.

I recall some people complaining that Celebrity has opened the Sky Lounge to non Elites between 5-7 PM.

The Sunset Bar is a nice place to have cocktails in the early evening.

Edited by jagoffee

25 minutes ago, Germancruiser said:

Thanks- I will just bring her- and see what happens! We are not about to sneak free drinks. IMO if you can afford a cruise you can afford a drink. LOL.

The ship and crew want you to have a great time and will always be there to see that you do 

if you are welcome to attend an elite event, then your cabin mate is too 

Edited by A Sixth?