Harmony Central Park or Oceanview Balcony?

5 hours ago, Canary Cruiser said:

Look at thousands of other passengers?

Really.

Balcony with a view of the ocean probably cannot be beaten but for the prices that are often on offer a Central Park stateroom is superb value and so very peaceful.

Definitely a loaded question 

23 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Oceanview, because there are precious few views of the ocean on Oasis class ships.

Bob....that is so true!!  Probably our biggest complaint while on Harmony, and the reason we love the Radiance class ships so much!

On 3/22/2019 at 2:28 AM, Merion_Mom said:

It depends.

Would you prefer to look at the ocean or at a thousand other passengers?

Yes Merion_Mom it depends as you say....but another thing for people to consider is a Boardwalk balcony as close to the Aft of the ship as possible.  We had the very last Boardwalk balcony (NOT an aft) on Harmony when we sailed on her and it gave us a view of the ocean looking past the Aqua Theater and the ability to watch the aqua show from our balcony --- which is quite nice.  Instead of worrying about tickets or getting on line.....we just headed to our balcony -- opened bottle of wine and were all set.  

We have enjoyed our CP balconies when we had them on Allure and Symphony, so we have been in those as well and enjoyed them also....just different views.

I have no problems with either. I have stayed in both Boardwalk and Central Park on Oasis. It can be fun just to people watch. I never found Central Park to be stuffy like some people say. But then again I’m not usually on my balcony during the heat of the day. With the incredible price drop that was just posted for the May 26th Harmony sailing, I just grabbed two Central Park rooms again. It’s worth the savings when you have to get two rooms. When the kids were younger, we did promenade view rooms several times. These are certainly an upgrade to those. 

On 3/22/2019 at 6:05 AM, soozaay said:

Thank you all for your honest input!  You all have been very helpful!

We just got off the Harmony in January.  We ALWAYS book ocean balcony.  This time we booked CP and loved it.  We were on deck 10, just above the Trellis Bar.  Nice music throughout the day and evening.  We received a bottle of wine and free lunch at Jamies Italian (absolutely delicious).  The solarium has deck 15 & 16, with no swimming pool.  Hot tubs only, but to tell the truth, we spent more time there than we did anywhere.  So relaxing and excellent bartenders.